Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I always use Royal purple oil for my 2016 SRT 392...but I use a K and N oil filter because I have had trouble finding a royal purple oil filter. I can’t seem to find anywhere what the model or part # is for a royal purple oil filter for a 2016 392 SRT? Do you guys know what part # I need? Thank you so much!

I tried using amazon car part search tool and I’m just not feeling like it picked the right filter. Thanks again in advance!

Also what’s your guys favorite oil filter and Oil to use? Just curious here.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
Many use the WIX 57899 or the Mopar/SRT MO-041, p/n 5038041AA.

Either one of these are all you need or you can stay with what came on your car when new, the MO-899. It's a fine filter and you can buy it at Wal-Mart for less than $7.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Been using the OEM SRT filter no isseues so far. Just used a wix this last time due to unavailability and its about $5 cheaper then the OEM. If im not make sure if you go with the wix you look for the Part number with the “xp” at the end

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I've been using the SRT filter too for years now. Made by WIX Europe to SRT specs, around $13.50 or so each at my dealer.

No issues, leaks or any problems with this filter. PSI is a few pounds higher at highway speeds with it too. No plan on changing to anything else.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I use Royal Purple everything on my SRT. I get the filters from Amazon. Here is the # Royal Purple 20-820 Oil Filter

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I use the SRT filter. It has a higher pressure bypass valve and more filter media. I think the Royal Purple is an overkill because the added metal mesh media support is not needed in our filters. I have not known of one person to have issues with an SRT filter.

What are the other reasons people choose Royal Purple?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts