Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really torn between getting a fuse box cover that matches my RPI painted engine cover or one that matches my Billet black anodize underhood kit. What do you guys think would look better?
Thanks
Rick:scratchhead:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
that's a personal choice but I like Billet Tech here's one I had done before I changed everything under the hood...

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personal choise for me is Billet, picked it up at Spring Festival last year
do you have the other Black anodized underhood stuff? I'm worried that it won't match the other stuff already there. I difinately don't want that yellow washer fluid cap and dip stick back on there.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if Billet will have any at challengerfest so I can tell if they look right before I buy it. I don't think I'lll be able to hold out that long. I really need that extra power.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is there's all kinda shades of black and the fuse cover ad doesn't say it's black anodize like the underhood kit does and if it's flat black and all the other stuff is shinny with silver letters it will look as bad as what I have.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Rick, So youre torn between the Blue or Black???? Because its such a large peice I'd look seriously at the Blue....Tough decision though. If it matches fairly decent i think it will add more "power".....ha ha :thumbsup:

I wish BT offered their stuff in HO.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know and what's even stupider is nobody will see it. I'm going to spend the money there anyway just like the other $750 I put under the hood for looks but I'ld like it to match when I add another $125.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know and what's even stupider is nobody will see it. I'm going to spend the money there anyway just like the other $750 I put under the hood for looks but I'ld like it to match when I add another $125.
It's tough to match stuff perfectly.
I have 4 dif colors under my hood.....Black, Chrome, Silver and Blue.
Finding blues to match is friggin' impossible so I just went with something even if it wasn't perfect.
I wouldn't get to bent on it........ I did for a while n it didn't pay at all.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I got the Billet with the Mopar emblem:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I lean towards the black myself.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the inputs guys. I emailed Billet the other day and ask if they could make the cover in Black anodized to match the other underhood stuff and how much it would be. They never got back to me so that is enough for me to make up my mind. If you can't get customer service prior to an order than they aint getting my order. I ordered the RPI one today.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
466 Posts
I've called BT multiple times with questions about products and customizations and they've been terrific. They've answered all my questions, offered detailed explanations, and never rushed me to get off the phone so they could do something else. I'll be placing my order with them shortly.

I tried calling RPI during their business hours with a question on their Stealth flaps and never had the phone answered.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Billet answered the first email with a short answer "go with black" when I ask about makeing it custom one to match THEIR underhood kit I didn't even get an answer. I have never tried to call RPI but have always gotten an answer to my emails when I was getting my engine cover. I would have been willing to pay Billet $400 or more for a fuse box cover that matched the other stuff a bought from them but they didn't want to mail me back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts