Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these? Do they work good or would the MOPAR ones be better?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I have the RPI ones and they do work. Very easy to put on, Not real noticable. Haven't been around the Mopar ones so...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Careful, RPI has some shady customer service.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was about to buy the mopar but then I saw how much cheaper the RPI were. I'm going to have to get some though I'm tired of all the paint chips.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I too opted for the RPIs. Much less noticeable than the Mopars my friend has on his Torred RT. I installed them myself...very easy. Use some 3M molding tape to supplement the clips on the front pair. I added it after the fact to rid a very faint rattle.

·
Registered
326 Posts
RPI's are easy to work with, directions good, installed mine in the driveway with no special tools. Not as clunky looking, in my opinion, as the Mopar ones.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
RPI does NOT have shady customer service, they just have one vocal dissatisfied customer who wants everyone to think they have shady customer service.

I run these, they are barely noticeable after they've been on for a week or more. They do an adequate job. If you decide to get them, do a search for installation recommendations, it'll make the job easier. Trust me..

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I have them, and I do like the design much better than the Mopar ones. As mentioned, they are not particularly noticeable, and do the job well. I will say that the hardware supplied wasn't a great fit, and they were painted black, not black plastic. Some folks (including me) had issues with the paint still being tacky when they arrived.

That being said, this was well over a year ago, and it sounds like both those issues have been addressed now. I also purchased some SS trim parts from them, and had no issues with their customer service returning one that was a poor fit, even though it was opened and had been partially applied. Since these were parts they just resold, I can't hold them responsible for the mfg problem, and they refunded my CC without any issues or drama.

·
Registered
441 Posts
RPI does NOT have shady customer service, they just have one vocal dissatisfied customer who wants everyone to think they have shady customer service.

I run these, they are barely noticeable after they've been on for a week or more. They do an adequate job. If you decide to get them, do a search for installation recommendations, it'll make the job easier. Trust me..
*Ahem* you might reference This Link before pulling numbers out of the air. There are several dissatisfied customers on this board, many more that don't wish to speak up because there is some unspoken rule here to not speak ill of the supporting vendors. Just because they support CT.com doesn't make them a reputible business. I'm sure you had a good experience, which explains your blind faith in the company, but be aware pinky, not everyone has the same experience.

I simply don't want anyone else to have the poor experience that I did because they blindly trusted a vendor on this site, so I do my best to keep the ignorant informed.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....I read that thread and didn't get any sense that RPI was somehow "shady". There looks to be a handful of folks in that thread that seem to have legitimate issues (lead times, midships, etc), but nothing that would lead me to believe there is a serious issue with their business practices. ....RPI even responded when you called them out but I saw no further rebuttal from you or the others.

Having said that, I personally don't have the RPI mid flaps (I have the Mopar ones). I simply didn't like the look of them (kinda cheap IMO but its all a matter of preference).

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I got the RPI guards because I really liked how they blended in. They almost look like you don't have mud guards at all. They do an adequate job too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
....I read that thread and didn't get any sense that RPI was somehow "shady". There looks to be a handful of folks in that thread that seem to have legitimate issues (lead times, midships, etc), but nothing that would lead me to believe there is a serious issue with their business practices. ....RPI even responded when you called them out but I saw no further rebuttal from you or the others.

Having said that, I personally don't have the RPI mid flaps (I have the Mopar ones). I simply didn't like the look of them (kinda cheap IMO but its all a matter of preference).
Thats because RPI got the mod to lock the thread after they got the last word in. Nothin shady bout that either.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I also have the RPI's. I love them. I have to point them out to people for them to even know they are there.

For me: The factory ones are too bulky and stand out like sore thumbs.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I also have the RPI's. I love them. I have to point them out to people for them to even know they are there.

For me: The factory ones are too bulky and stand out like sore thumbs.
Yep. This subject has been beaten to death, but IMO the mopar ones only look good on black cars because you cant see them much. On every other color they look bulky - while the RPI ones are nearly invisible.

For every person that complains about RPI, there are probably 5 people who had great dealings with them.

After my accident they even sent me a single flap to replace mine that got smashed, when they usually only sell them as a set. Great people as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
guards

which ones are you all using ? The 45.00 dollar black ones or the 65.00 dollar painted ones ? I am kinda wanting a set to help save my paint

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Great pics!

Now, realize that those are close-ups. When you're standing by the side of the car, you won't even "see" them unless you look for them and focus on them. It's amazing how they blend in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts