Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just installed my RPI Splash Guards and I am not overly impressed. Why?

Well, you get some light duty embossed vinyl, 10 scrivets and 4 metal clips for $44 and $10 shipping. Light Duty = 1/8"

The install was a PITA with the tires on, not much room to work, Dodge did help much either with the flimsy inner fender liners and lower rear panels. I used a side cutters to cut the plastic rivets off. The front mounting clips need to be pinched slightly with a pliers so they hold better. The holes in the splash guards are to large and allows for the guard to move after it is install. So, I would suspect you might get a little vibration noise on the road. I would suggest that you go down to Harbor Freight and get some plastic rivets to replace the scrivets.

Front

Rear

But, over all they look nice. On a scale of 10 I would give them 7.

If I was to do it over I would make mine own. You can buy a 2x4 piece of scrap vinyl for almost nothing. Make a pattern and use a trim router with a collar to cut them out. I thinlk I would add 2 tabs to replace the metal clips and rivet them to the inner fender liner. Yes, you have to drill a couple of holes but those could be covered with scrivet if you ever removed them.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I used plastic OEM style pop-rivets when I installed mine. I didn't like the push in type fasteners.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hemi57 so now that they are on do you get any vibration sound or did you go with some 3M double sided tape as well as the scrivets?
Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well so far so good. Do see any need for tape or rivets or scrivets.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Yeah...one of mine broke and I couldn't get them to return my pm. Not the highest quality product, but you'll be glad to keep the muck off your car.

HemiSam

·
Registered
681 Posts
They serve the purpose some want...stealthier look than the factory splash guards. I went with the factory guards which are very sturdy and are molded to fit the body lines (not just flat vinyl stock). Better yet, they were free using the Mopar Bucks program. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks, Hemi57. Those are the best photos of those I have seen.

·
Registered
401 Posts
happy so far

I just wanted to let anyone interested in these splash guards that I ordered them on a Friday they arrived the following Monday. They were easy to install (I did use the dish soap trick to get the scrivets to go in easier). Did not have to remove front or rear wheels.
Happy so far. I'll update if any problems pop up in the future. And lastly thank you to all the knowledgeable guys that post info on here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hemi57, in your first post you said you'd prefer to make your own splash guards using a router bit with a collar. Would you have to make a wood pattern to run the collar against? If not maybe I'm unfamiliar with the right bit for the job.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have these as well. Instead of using the metal clips I used 3M bodyside moulding tape. They haven't moved since. I did end up purchasing the plastic rivet gun kit from Harbor Freight and will be replacing the rear push in clips with rivets. The fronts are fine as the reuse two original bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts