Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the picture closely. $59,9k!

Attachments

Reactions: Mopar4Bama

·
Registered
585 Posts
$59.9 K isn't bad, in fact cheaper than I thought it would be. I can only imagine what the dealer mark up will be. 10K to 15K mark up at least. If I was gonna get a HellCat, I'd wait till mid/late 2016 to get one without the dealer mark up. But still, at 70 years old I dam sure don't need 707 horsepower :bang: . The R/T scat back with 392 would do just fine thank you.

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yup. 392 R/T would probably be a popular model. But $60K for that much firepower is tempting. The insurance will be spectacular on this car.

In a twisted way, now might be a good time to get that GT500 since it doesn't hold the coveted "most powerful V8" in America anymore. Ford dealers might back off on the $10K markup.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
oh it will end up being $75+ when the mark-ups come out plus the extra "what ever"...still it's nice to see that I may actually get one of these next year.

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
The Camaro is $72 K? Ouch goes Chevy........

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Camaro is $72 K? Ouch goes Chevy........
I think they intentionally shot for that price on it. The Z/28 was seemingly only built for the track...it's not a "Daily Driving" Camaro. Personally, I couldn't even start to justify +70K for a Camaro.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
I recently owned a Camaro, a SS/RS, I would not own another.....for too many reasons.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Motor Trend just gushed over the Z/28 when they tested it last year.

It is cool, and is a great track car, but the Hellcat gives you so much more for the price and you can take three friends with you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
And if you look at it strictly by cost per horsepower, the hellcat isn't even close to the most expensive Challenger.

Model____Cost______HP_____$ per HP
HC.........59900........707............$85
SRT........44700........485...........$92
RT..........30500........375...........$81
SXT........26500........305...........$87

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
MSRP of $59.9K seems reasonable...what will they really cost? "stay tuned"

·
Registered
497 Posts
Giddyup!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Talked to my dealer today. He said he is getting 6 phone calls a day about the HC. That's huge for our little city.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Never doubted it since the day he hinted at it. Nor do I doubt the $66,000 ish fully loaded price.
I wonder what the "options" will be on this car? Sunroof? I need that but dont need anything else like stripes and such.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts