Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone get their 2011 rt?
i want to kno..how big of a difference between the old and a new one..
i have to make a few decisions on with to buy 10 or 11 year..or but rt at all..

·
Registered
402 Posts
I believe someone did on here. My RT classic is on the train right now heading down to me. I also drove a 2010 when I went to order the '11, so I'll write up the difference when I get the car.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
MORE than cosmetic changes. I drove a 2011 RT a few days ago. The steering feels much better and handles better. The base RT I drove felt like a super track pack car. Very little body roll for a base RT. The steering feels much better, like you have better control of the car and it is much more easy to turn the wheel with better feedback. (It has the electirc assist steerng). There are a few little changes on the interior. Like mentioned above is the steering wheel and map lights for the rear passengers. It did come with climate controll also. They say that the seats were upgraded for the 2011 but I didnt feel any differance but the seats have a MUCH BETTER fold forward system and you get the fold forward on the drivers side as well. Are all the changes worth the 5-6k more it would have cost me for the 2011 over the good deal I got on the 2010. NOPE, I am perfectly happy with the 2010.

·
Registered
301 Posts
MORE than cosmetic changes. I drove a 2011 RT a few days ago. The steering feels much better and handles better. The base RT I drove felt like a super track pack car. Very little body roll for a base RT. The steering feels much better, like you have better control of the car and it is much more easy to turn the wheel with better feedback. (It has the electirc assist steerng). There are a few little changes on the interior. Like mentioned above is the steering wheel and map lights for the rear passengers. It did come with climate controll also. They say that the seats were upgraded for the 2011 but I didnt feel any differance but the seats have a MUCH BETTER fold forward system and you get the fold forward on the drivers side as well. Are all the changes worth the 5-6k more it would have cost me for the 2011 over the good deal I got on the 2010. NOPE, I am perfectly happy with the 2010.
:) That's exciting. My 2011 is on its way and I didn't get the STP because it will be my only car in the winter as well.

It also has a new airbox that gives it more of an induction sound!

This is a fun watch:

Some of the SRT updates made the R/T.

It also has the PCM changed to the GPEC2. This is bad if you want to tune ASAP because it will have to be developed for. There is a chance that the factory tune will be better though (just MY opinion).

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Yeah, I forgot about the different PCM. One other thing I forgot is that the trans feels like it shifts better at WOT. A little less torque management possibly. It is a nice smooth shift and not an abrupt on off throttle shift.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I took delivery of my 2011 R/T Classic a week ago. I made the decision in September to wait for a 2011 and the new changes. The keyless enter n go is cool and the handling is much more responsive. I have the STP and the difference is noticeable between the STP R/T that I drove in September.

There is a significant cost difference between buying a 2011 vs a 2010, but I wanted the new stuff. Money well spent? In my mind yes, but maybe not to someone else.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I took delivery of my 2011 R/T Classic a week ago. I made the decision in September to wait for a 2011 and the new changes. The keyless enter n go is cool and the handling is much more responsive. I have the STP and the difference is noticeable between the STP R/T that I drove in September.

There is a significant cost difference between buying a 2011 vs a 2010, but I wanted the new stuff. Money well spent? In my mind yes, but maybe not to someone else.
Does the "key trick" still work to completely disable traction control?

& Congratulations! Red or black stripes?

Mine I have ordered is black with red stripes.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
oh forgot that the 3.6 and 5.7 engines get an electric power steering pump , only the 6.4 keeps its belt driven unit . Thats probably why you noticed a handling change

·
Registered
227 Posts
Apparently the 11's have added more weight, but just 40 lbs or so, which would make very little difference in a drag race, maybe 0.033 in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 2011's have bigger rotors and bigger brakes. That is where some if not all that extra 40 pounds comes from. I found that info on Allpar.com when I did a search on the new 2011 Challenger. SRT8Tech, does the 2011 feel like it has more power than the 2010's? I was noticing on Allpar.com that the 2011 makes peak hp at 5200 rpm with the auto now as opposed to 5800 rpm for the 2010. Some one else told me that that all the hemi's for the Challengers actually made peak hp at 5200 rpm. Don't have any idea if this is a fact or not.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I havent run the R/T Classic yet but the 2011 auto does not feel any faster. Only differance i feel in performance was the shifting at WOT. It has a little better shift feel to it. Its a nice clean shift and not an abrupt on off throttle shift like the 10's and below have. I should be taking the R/T Classic the end of March when the next T&T is. Also, there is no differance in the engines for 2011 compared to 2010. I think it was a mistake that they said the 2010's peak at 5800 because they dont even get to 5800 stock. Mine shifts right at 5650 and I believe the 2010's and below peak at 5200 as well. It would have been nice to add the variable intake to the CAR 5.7's but oh well, only the 6.4 got it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I thought the intake manifold on all hemi's were of a dual length design. That it changed over to a shorter runner length once the engine was above a certain rpm. What is the runner length of the intake manifold for the hemi engine then?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought the intake manifold on all hemi's were of a dual length design. That it changed over to a shorter runner length once the engine was above a certain rpm. What is the runner length of the intake manifold for the hemi engine then?
I thought, after the 5.7 updated to Eagle they had variable manifolds as well.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Only the TRUCKS have the variable intakes (short runner, long runner) on the 5.7L. They also have a different camshaft. The trucks have a bigger cam. Thats the reason why they are rated at 390hp which is almost 20 more than the cars.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
They say its a balance of the 2, short runner and long runner. The Eagle intake on the cars are very close to the aluminum SRT8 intake. I still think the SRT8 intake flows a little better but not by much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts