Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've read its a silenser or dampener. Many on here, myself included, cut and capped it, very cheap and simple to do.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The SRT engineers said the Challenger was slightly louder than the Charger during EPA testing. The silencer was added to make it a little quieter at idle. You can buy a charger intake tube if you want a clean looking intake tube without the wart.

·
Registered
610 Posts
is the same engine.. but maybe not the same bay (aka electronics... ps steering.. front bumper size.. )

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Charger air tube cleans up the look plus centers the AIT sensor in the tube, which should give more accurate readings.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much is the Charger intake? Sucks I have to spend money, but oh well can't stand the look of that wart. It has to go. Besides, what muscle car owner would complain that the Hemi engine is too loud... Insanity!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I swapped mine out for the Charger 2011 part. $82 bucks at the dealer. This way I could put my BT catch can on the front of the block.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
What I don't get is, I looked at 14 Shaker pkg, it has the wart. You would think a little intake sound would be in order there. I am using the rubber 09 SRT tube, perfect sound.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
IIRC I found mine for $65 free shipping. Dont remember where,it was two years ago, hell I cant remember what
I had for breakfast and that was 45 minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
double post

·
Registered
155 Posts
Besides, what muscle car owner would complain that the Hemi engine is too loud... Insanity!

I agree with you, but the percentage of Challenger owners that will modify their car in any way or are "motor heads" is really low. Some people buy the Challenger for the quiet, comfortable ride. A luxury car if you will.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Reactions: b5106

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Besides, what muscle car owner would complain that the Hemi engine is too loud... Insanity!

I agree with you, but the percentage of Challenger owners that will modify their car in any way or are "motor heads" is really low. Some people buy the Challenger for the quiet, comfortable ride. A luxury car if you will.

Bah. You hear me coming from a mile away. I can't sneak up on anyone with borla atak but I can scare them with sudden throttle when passing :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts