Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem - 2018 RT+ with less than 13,000 miles had the entire dashboard information go out when the wife was coming back from gym. No radio, gauges only the backup camera. She stopped and restarted the car -Nothing. She then plugged in her phone - everything comes on. I just checked and everything comes on - Any ideas other than it somehow had to reset but surprised it was the phone that brought all back.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,310 Posts
If the cluster had no power could be a relay issue. If it was a fuse power would have stayed off.

Other than that really requires a dealer scan tool. Being that it is a 2018 and still under warranty I would take it to a dealership.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
This just happened to me today
I was wondering if it was what happened to you, but nope.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,310 Posts
As for uconnect radio issues there are quite a few TSBs (08-012-18 REV. C being the latest) where the screen is locked out or goes black or even stays on then the car is off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have access to a compressor or canned air blow out the two dimmer wheels next to the light switch while you cycle them up and down. Even if you don't have air, just cycle the two dimmer wheels several times. My '17 GT did the same thing and a moderator on the 'other' forum gave me this tip. IT WORKED!!!! Good luck...........the Mailman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have access to a compressor or canned air blow out the two dimmer wheels next to the light switch while you cycle them up and down. Even if you don't have air, just cycle the two dimmer wheels several times. My '17 GT did the same thing and a moderator on the 'other' forum gave me this tip. IT WORKED!!!! Good luck...........the Mailman
Will try it along with going to the dealer for a check.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK - getting more info from the (Boss) wife. When it went didn't come up she continued to drive home and when a call came in the dash came on. After the call it all went out again. "Then," she pulled over to restart - no dash and once she plugged in her phone in wallla. I used the can air on the two dimmer switches - hasn't happened since but going to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seriously, you might be fixed!! Mine went bad for three days in a row, I did the blow job and dimmer massage and have been fine since. Go figure!!!.................the Mailman

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine's been 'fixed for a few weeks now. How are you making out? I'm guessing your dealer is clueless on this one...................the Mailman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has not been an issue since I used the Compressed Air trick - Going to dealer though just to duble check next week.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,310 Posts
Honestly, if you can't get the issue to happen or take it in while it happens then going to the dealership will most likely result in them telling you they could not find the problem or replicate the issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trust me - this is not my first rodeo with dealership & issues - but with an up coming road trip its getting checked and documented (there is a reason for my madness).

·
Registered
199 Posts
And in the meantime I get to feel like McGuyver without the mullet!!! My car actually did it for the serv. mgr. when I was at the shop. Now that it's fixed, when I see him at the local watering hole he just says 'hi' and roles his eyes!! If our situation never rears its ugly head again I guess we can say we got lucky!! Have a great road trip..................the Mailman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE - Just got the car back from Crown Dodge Fayetteville, NC. I was also informed by my wife that it was the display screen that totally went out - the gages were on. Describe the issue to Crown and was told that there is an update radio software that was needed to be installed. Apparently the install was lengthly. We shall see in a few weeks on our trip. The dealer did take of me - Glad I went.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Might be on the paperwork (should be, but...)

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts