Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a comparison of the best TT dyno results I had before the install, and the first pull I have tried afterwards.

For some reason the HP drops after 5k so I have a little toying to do. Obviously if it would have kept climbing like the older log did I would have significantly higher peak numbers.

Check my signature for the mods, the only difference between the two were the LT's and the custom tune.

Edit: People seem to take this chart as as loss to low end. The reason it doesnt show gains till 3k is due to the different times I laid into the throttle. The car launches harder than it ever has.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
So, with NO RE-TUNING, and just Long Tubes, you got a max additional 3 hp and 27 lb-ft of torque. Correct?

So, who was it that told me that LTs were more for hp gain and not torque? I gotta wring their neck! LOL!

DTru, let the tuning begin...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, with NO RE-TUNING, and just Long Tubes, you got a max additional 3 hp and 27 lb-ft of torque. Correct?

So, who was it that told me that LTs were more for hp gain and not torque? I gotta wring their neck! LOL!

DTru, let the tuning begin...
I did get a custom tune from Johan. Unfortunately I didnt think to log before the tune.

Ya I have seen it said in many different forums that LT's are only for upper RPM HP, thats obviously false.

Note though, that there was a significant drop at 5k rpm that wasnt there in the "before" or the dotted run (need to figure that out). If it would have kept on climbing like it should I would expect to be near the 350 peak hp.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
How is seat of the pants impression? From 3K the additional TQ is impressive.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is seat of the pants impression? From 3K the additional TQ is impressive.
The SOP dyno is happy :eusa_dance:

When I was logging a run for Johan I did a WOT run from 50mph, when I floored it the back end of the car started to slide. I have never broken the tires loose at 50.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Do you plan on getting an additional tune to possibly accommodate the new addition of the headers. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Am curious as i am looking into this brand of headers and have been curious about the low end torque loss (without tune) i keep hearing sometimes occurs .

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must have stated it wrong...

I installed the headers and then got a custom tune from Johan.

I am going to do a couple more runs to see if they keep falling flat, if so I will contact him to see what he thinks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would think the reason your car is dropping after 5k, is the stock cam and valvetrain runs out of breath around there. Swap em out for aftermarket parts and you should build more power.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would think the reason your car is dropping after 5k, is the stock cam and valvetrain runs out of breath around there. Swap em out for aftermarket parts and you should build more power.
The 5.7 makes power into 6k. You can see from the original that it just keeps climbing. For some reason it dropped off for this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts