Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RT Classic Hood Scoop Shaking/Flexing

I've only had the car for a week now and have noticed that the hood scoops shake/vibrate when I'm on the highway. There isn't a sound associated when this happens, I just see the sheet metal of the scoops flexing up and down a little.

I'm assuming since the scoops are functional, the air flow (at higher speeds) is what's creating the shaking.

Not sure if this is normal. Just wanted to confirm that with you guys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have never noticed and shaking in either of my classics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks whylee.

Wonder if I need to bring it up to the dealer?

I did a little research and I believe this is called "hood flexing". Getting a little concerned now.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Thanks whylee.

Wonder if I need to bring it up to the dealer?

I did a little research and I believe this is called "hood flexing". Getting a little concerned now.
I get the "hood flexing" going through the blow dryers at the touchless car wash........................but not going down the road/interstate.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I get some hood flexing as well, it's not so much the hood itself I see moving but the reflections off the hood that "bounce" around that I notice. Mainly see it going ~70mph or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get some hood flexing as well, it's not so much the hood itself I see moving but the reflections off the hood that "bounce" around that I notice. Mainly see it going ~70mph or so.
That's exactly what I'm noticing when I hit the 70s. The fact that it's been windy as hell in Mass has exaggerated the movement when I'm driving against the wind.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine does it all day on the highway ... since the hood is aluminum and the part where the hood is thin (and likely stamped) it is just flexing and vibrating like a cheap cookie sheet.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Now the hood on my 2011 Ram 1500 seems like its going to fly open when its windy, its scary how much that hood shakes and bounces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
2009Hellboy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing