Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

i have a 2013 RT blacktop and this morning i heard a kind of a ping when shifting, if i gas it a bit i can clearly hear it maybe more like a rattle, here is a video on YouTube you can hear it at 45 secs, i can see oil on the side of the head, so am sure gaskets need to be changed, but wondering what that rattle is.
any help is appreciated!

thinking of doing it myself

showing oil around block

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,860 Posts
Check your intake manifold bolts...mine were almost hand tight on my '15 when it only had under 15k miles. I have crappy speakers on the notebook so I cannot make out the noise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
rattle noise sounds like an exhaust heat shield loose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turns out my oil filter was lose from the last time i did an oil change at dodge.. they have to pull the engine out and have a look, so i ask how much an hr when i first brought it in guy says 119.95 an hour!.. so i get the news that it will take 18 hours give or take,,that would of been a hell of a bill,, but am under warranty,..now am gona go to the head office of dodge or Chrysler and raise some hell!!!!!!!!!!!

its not acceptable that the oil filter comes lose

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,860 Posts
turns out my oil filter was lose from the last time i did an oil change at dodge.. they have to pull the engine out and have a look, so i ask how much an hr when i first brought it in guy says 119.95 an hour!.. so i get the news that it will take 18 hours give or take,,that would of been a hell of a bill,, but am under warranty,..now am gona go to the head office of dodge or Chrysler and raise some hell!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah, so was the oil level low? I would think with a loose oil filter you would see oil drips/pools on the floor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was down like 4 liters.. and i did see oil on driveway but was very small amount did t think much of it ..

called the other place said they were sorry,, kind of made me laugh.. told him what if this was nt on warranty who would pay for it the punk that changed my oil!,, guy told me to go buy a lotomax,,,, anyways am gona sleep better tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
SHEEEEEESH!!!! Speechless.

·
Registered
537 Posts

Dealerships are so funny...... 18 hours at $119.95/hour to fix their screw up on a car that's under warranty.. You can't make this stuff up !! :laugh2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts