Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
header orange,auto,730 nav,Harmon kardon,hid,anti-slip

The car drives a lot firmer than my 2010 rt classic, which is a good thing. Gas mileage appears to be slighlty lower, around 16 compared to a consistant 17.7 in the 2010...about 90% city driving. The exhaust has gotten much louder over time, I now have 1400 miles. Alot louder than the 2010 exhaust. In fact, thinking about just leaving the stock on for a while. Their is a very distinct improvement in the overall quality of this car. The 2010 had alot of cheap like rattles and squeaks. The shaker interior is very firm and quiet. The quality of the leather seats are obviously better than what was in the rt classic.
Harmon kardon...sounds absolutely kick ads with cd's, sattelite radio not so great, but not bad. Have to turn volume to 18-22 to get a good sound. The HK system is better than sound 2 option...but definately not worth the extra $1200. Again, cds sound awesome. The header orange color has grown on me pretty quickly...was a big fan of hemi orange, but have grown to like thus color. Very easy to keep a clean look. Wasn't real sure I liked the dark wheels, but they are a good match with this car. The shaker head gives the driver a very fun "old school" feeling...thats great. After one month, I am very, very satisfied. I'd give it a 4.5 on a scale of 1-5. Fun,fun drive.....more to come...

·
Registered
700 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Buddy of mine saw you out in the wild yesterday. He set me a couple of pics. We live in the same neighborhood. image.jpg

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buddy of mine saw you out in the wild yesterday. He set me a couple of pics. We live in the same neighborhood. View attachment 201794
Thats funnny....Im a celebrity!...well, I guess my car is. Amazing how many Challengers are out in our area (Waterside estated, Pecan Grove).....Yesterday on the way home from work....I saw 4 of them....and I work 7 miles from home!

I guess we are multiplying...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
The improvements you notice inside are just by switching from a 2008-10 to a 2011-14. I wonder if the suspension difference you mention is from the changes in geometry also during the 2011 mid-cycle update.

It's good to hear H-K has gone down in price and up in sound quality!

Congrats on the new car. Judging by the paparazzi shots, she is a beaut!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Thats funnny....Im a celebrity!...well, I guess my car is. Amazing how many Challengers are out in our area (Waterside estated, Pecan Grove).....Yesterday on the way home from work....I saw 4 of them....and I work 7 miles from home!

I guess we are multiplying...
Yeah my buddy was in a Titanium SE behind you that day. I am in Waterside and will be cruising in my White Shaker if they ever decide to start building it.

See ya on the streets !!!!

Chuck

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The improvements you notice inside are just by switching from a 2008-10 to a 2011-14. I wonder if the suspension difference you mention is from the changes in geometry also during the 2011 mid-cycle update.

It's good to hear H-K has gone down in price and up in sound quality!

Congrats on the new car. Judging by the paparazzi shots, she is a beaut!
Just to calrify....the HK system did not come down in price...the $1200 I mentioned was simply the difference in prive vs the Sound 2 option....

CD's...counds 100% awesome...around 16-18 Volume level....and loud
SIRIUS Radio....got to turn up arouns 22 to get a good sound...

When I picke dmy car up..I had a choice bewteen it vs a Plum Crazy with exact same options...excpet mine had HK and PCP had Sound 2....I listened to both...and the HK had a better sounds....but not by much....again...not by a $1200 difference.

I think that PCP is still on the lot in Rosenberg texas....

I cant understand why the SAT radio sound is not quite up to par???...but dont get me wrong...its still pretty darn good.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah my buddy was in a Titanium SE behind you that day. I am in Waterside and will be cruising in my White Shaker if they ever decide to start building it.

See ya on the streets !!!!

Chuck
Any of you guys ever use EVS Motors Performance Studio over on Bellaire?

Thinking about letting them do a window tint (they supposedly use a much better tint...Huper Optik.... than the 3M most places use).

May even let them do some mod installs?...exhaust, strut braces, catch can, etc....

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Any of you guys ever use EVS Motors Performance Studio over on Bellaire?

Thinking about letting them do a window tint (they supposedly use a much better tint...Huper Optik.... than the 3M most places use).

May even let them do some mod installs?...exhaust, strut braces, catch can, etc....
I have not used them before. I got my tint on the '09 Silver one at. All Out over on hwy 90. They did a great job on two of my cars.

For those bolt on mods, you don't have to p someone. We could have a mod party when I get mine right in the neighborhood. I will be installing several things from my '09 onto the Shaker. I know a couple guys that would be glad to pitch in also. Great reason to turn some wrenches, drink some beer and meet a few like minded folks.

Chuck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is it me or does that shaker air intake look like its at an angle totally makes the car look silly hoping that's just an adjustment deal because its definitely not lined up properly.

I couldn't tell if it was the way the sun was reflecting causing an odd shadow or not. But it does look a bit off.

With that on top of the engine though, it sure does take up a lot of the room in that bay.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
"I do not accept your review without proper picture documentation..8)"

^^^What he said. Give us more pics.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
I cant understand why the SAT radio sound is not quite up to par???...but dont get me wrong...its still pretty darn good.
There's a LOT of compression with Sat radio to cram all those channels - even a lower sample rate MP3 file will have better sound quality than Sat.

The other cars with the 8.4" radios + Beats audio don't have good Sat radio quality - sounds tinny.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ya I was kind of surprised that they left the nasty wart on the CAI tube and didn't install the new brushed looking one with the Mopar logo on it. Seems kind of half ass for Dodge to say ya were putting a Mopar CAI on the shakers but then to only install half of the product. It has the box/filter from the Mopar one but that's it.

I couldn't tell if it was the way the sun was reflecting causing an odd shadow or not. But it does look a bit off.

With that on top of the engine though, it sure does take up a lot of the room in that bay.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Wow that "shaker" bulge barely moved even at start up. Not impressed, especially the cost of having it. I used to like shakers but now I'm happier with my classic R/T hood with the functional hood scoops. If I were to get a shaker for my car I could get it at half the price of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Wow that "shaker" bulge barely moved even at start up. Not impressed, especially the cost of having it. I used to like shakers but now I'm happier with my classic R/T hood with the functional hood scoops. If I were to get a shaker for my car I could get it at half the price of the dealer.
Really your sticking with that thinking :notallthere:

Geez let me have sloppy motor mounts so I can impress people with my shaking hood scoop LOL

Just love this crowd.

:guiness:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts