Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've looked everywhere online and it says that the rt plus comes standard with vented seats. My dealer has informed me that only the rt classic has vented seats? Is this true or what is really supposed to come standard on a 2015 rt plus with stp? If it is supposed to be standard and I don't get them what do I do?

Same goes for driver convenience options like command start and blind spot detection, supposed to be standard on the + but dealer doesn't seem to think it is

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
If you don't have the window sticker you can go on to Dodge customer service web site and request a build sheet, or call customer service and request one. When I went online it took them less than a day to email me one. In any case, I would believe the opinion of a panhandler on the corner before I believe anything a dealership salesman has to say.

·
Super Moderator
15,095 Posts
When you have leather seats, the heated and vented feature is standard (the Plus models = leather).

On the other lines Scat Pack for example you have to spec Leather Interior Grp to gain the heated/vented seat feature.

The Driver's Convenience Grp / Technology Grp are extra cost options - not standard equipment on R/T and R/T Scat Pack trim levels.

Except on SRT 392 Technology Grp -opt. Driver's Convenience Grp is std.

On SRT Hellcat both Technology and Drivers' Convenience Grp are std (but automatic cruise control feature is N/A on Hellcat)

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I've looked everywhere online and it says that the rt plus comes standard with vented seats. My dealer has informed me that only the rt classic has vented seats? Is this true or what is really supposed to come standard on a 2015 rt plus with stp? If it is supposed to be standard and I don't get them what do I do?

Same goes for driver convenience options like command start and blind spot detection, supposed to be standard on the + but dealer doesn't seem to think it is
Your dealer is an idiot lol. Trust me, I've dealt with a lot of dumb dealers who told me a lot of false info.

The RT plus comes standard with the heated and ventilated leather seats.

Also the $795 driver convenience package option adds the blind spot detection and also the remote start feature if you've got the automatic A8 transmission. (Manual transmissions will be missing the remote start feature I think)

Your dealer is wrong about the Classic package which does cosmetic changes to the outside with graphics, script badging and different wheels.

The package you're getting with the RT plus and super track pak is what I almost got myself so I knew the package well.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
You can search on Dodge.com and actually see how every Challenger is equipped in your area. According to what I'm seeing, heated and ventilated seats are STD on R/T plus. However blind spot detection is included in the drivers convenience package which is $795.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Your dealer is an idiot lol. Trust me, I've dealt with a lot of dumb dealers who told me a lot of false info.

The RT plus comes standard with the heated and ventilated leather seats.

Also the $795 driver convenience package option adds the blind spot detection and also the remote start feature if you've got the automatic A8 transmission. (Manual transmissions will be missing the remote start feature but they're also charged less for the package. Around 195-295 I think)

Your dealer is wrong about the Classic package which does cosmetic changes to the outside with graphics, script badging and different wheels.

The package you're getting with the RT plus and super track pak is what I almost got myself so I knew the package well.
Okay so you chose the stp and rt plus. Those are the only 2 options i chose plus the audio group 2.

my main concern is getting the vented seats, blind spot detection and command start. The dodge.ca website is showing the driver convenience group to be a no charge addon for me and so should it not come standard? I ordered the car closer to the beginning of march so any changes now are pretty much out of the question.

I'm only 21 and the dealer didnt really seem to want to go over much of the car with me and just kinda put things down on the sheet. this was my first time buying a new car and i dont really feel like i was taken very good care of. They also made me put down a $1000 deposit due to the price beat they did compared to another dealer. I'll be happy with the car no matter what, i just dont want to be disappointed about options that i thought i was getting and might not actually be getting

·
Registered
164 Posts
Okay so you chose the stp and rt plus. Those are the only 2 options i chose plus the audio group 2.

my main concern is getting the vented seats, blind spot detection and command start. The dodge.ca website is showing the driver convenience group to be a no charge addon for me and so should it not come standard? I ordered the car closer to the beginning of march so any changes now are pretty much out of the question.

I'm only 21 and the dealer didnt really seem to want to go over much of the car with me and just kinda put things down on the sheet. this was my first time buying a new car and i dont really feel like i was taken very good care of. They also made me put down a $1000 deposit due to the price beat they did compared to another dealer. I'll be happy with the car no matter what, i just dont want to be disappointed about options that i thought i was getting and might not actually be getting

Nice dude. I just graduated college so we're close to the same age group :thumbsup: And I can def relate to how some dealers don't treat you as seriously when they think you're too young for the car etc. I saved up a long time for a new car and ended up getting the scat pack but was very close to getting the RT Plus with STP just like you. I also had to put down a $1000 deposit as well. But that's common for any brand when you custom order the car. More often its $500 as a deposit if you push them but dealers vary all over with their policies.

That sucks tho they didn't really give you the right attention. Perhaps you could push them even further with pricing when it's delivered. A lot of dealers can be jerks tbh. Don't let them try to make you feel inferior just cuz you're young. Your money is just the same as anyone else's. Plus if they didn't order it right, have them order it again correctly or get a refund on your deposit and go to another dealer if they can match or beat the pricing.

I didn't know you were in Canada and that yall may have different standard options included. But here in the US, the Driver Convenience Group is a $795 option package that includes the blind spot and remote start. And the heated/ventilated seats are just standard as part of the RT Plus package with leather etc.

When your car is built. You can check it before it's on the rail system by putting your VIN in all caps after the = in these links:

BUILD SHEET

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

WINDOW STICKER

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Good luck and enjoy your new ride man. It's an awesome car. Hopefully you get those options but just check those links and put your VIN in there to make sure since Canadian standard options may be slightly different. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I ordered my Challenger in April, the salesperson and manager couldn't answer many detailed questions. I had to learn on my own that such things as Black/Sepia leather seats mean black leather with sepia (reddish-brown) stitching. Nonetheless, the manager and I put the package together:

Challenger R/T Plus Shaker w/8 speed auto
Billet Silver
Delete Shaker Stripe
Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/SXM/HD/BT/NAV
Power Sunroof
Driver Convenience Group

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wasn't sure about those options aswell. I'm in Ontario and just received my '15 RT plus STP A8 this week. I have blind spot detection, heated steering wheel and heated/vented seats.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't sure about those options aswell. I'm in Ontario and just received my '15 RT plus STP A8 this week. I have blind spot detection, heated steering wheel and heated/vented seats.
Sooooooo happy to hear from another Canadian about how your order turned out. Only other question is did you get command start? If no I think I'll live but the blind spot and vented seats were a big deal for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts