Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my Borla exhausts left tip is against the rear fascia. I've managed to move it so it's 1mm or so away, but I want it away further. The actualy rubber tip hangers only move towards the front of the car, or towards the back, no side to side motion, which is what I need.

My question is this, with the exhaust tip hooked into the rubber hanger, would it be okay to pull the metal hook, which extends out the top of the pipe, and pull it out out of the hanger, and let it stay half way in? Just wondering if I didn't do it all the way, if it would slip out. Seems sturdy enough to allow for partial insertion. This would allow my tips to line up more.

Thanks in advance, and hope my post makes sense!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I may need to trade with ya. My left exhaust tip hangs too low.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had to actually drill a new hole over an inch or so, and rehung the rubber holder. Now it's all lined up! Finally! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i just loosened the bolt that attaches the hanger to the bottom of the car, align the tip where i wanted then tightened the bolt up. worked like a charm but sometimes you need to use brute force and ignorance. Im good at that!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UGH!! Now that other damn tip keeps moving up and it's on the fascia. I honesty believe it's because the heat of the bumper expands when the exhaust is hot. After I leave it awhile and come back, the tips are fine. But after I drive, hard, apparently, the tips are closer to the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts