Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to save up for a supercharger and was just curious if any of you that have them run your cars all winter (southern guys dont apply for obvious reasons)

I live in Toronto and we get months of extremely cold weather as well as a lot of snow. I have never had an issue winter driving my Challenger as long as I have a good set of snows on the car.

My question is...if I add a blower and thus increase my HP by over 100HP is it going to make my car undriveable in the snow? Do any of you have real life experience driving with a blower in snow or cold?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
You should be fine in the snow and winter stuff. If you end up with an additional 100HP you are around 392 SRT territory and some owners drive them all winter. You just have to be aware all that power will bring the rear end around in a hurry if you are not careful!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Curious how warmed up the supercharger would need to be for proper operating conditions, especially on days when -20oC is normal in Canadian winter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
675 Posts
According to ProCharger...You should not introduce "boost" until the engine is at FULL
operating temperature...in ALL climates...

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I run mine all winter here in Connecticut. I don't go into boost and get my additional HP increase of the S/C until I go over a certain RPM in each gear.

While I don't drive mine when there is snow or ice on the road, I will say that blower or not.. it is easily able to spin out. Keep in the most upper gear that you can to keep your RPM low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts