Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2010 RT Classic and I bought a 430 REN radio to replace our 130. I am also going to add a back up camera for use by my wife. I am going to get the camera used for a Chrysler 300 and wondering the route and how the camera wire was run from the radio to the cam in the tail light / cam assembly.
R DRM CARd

·
Registered
118 Posts
i just did same job this weekend, take off back trim in the boot you'll see some flappy vents, i ran the wire though there, to the licence plate, then under the carpet of the boot, popped of the back seat base, it just lifts out. i then ran the cable down the side trim by the doors and then under the seat then in the to centre console, seemed easier than lifting all the console out. worked like a charm :)

the cam is a big improvement especially in the narrow UK parking spaces, i miss the wide open space of the wall mart parking lots, :)

hope that helps

·
Registered
118 Posts
Boot = trunk for us Yanks :cheers:
damm missed that, i normally translate lol, i guess you don't have bonnets on your challengers either (hood) lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
At least HEMI means the same there as it does here :D
yeah it does :), most people over here never notice the HEMI badge but every so often you see someone who totally gets it :) and its a great reaction :)

the car get most recognition over here from fast and furious, funny story, i pulled up the other day outside a shop, i heard this little boy shout to his dad, "look dad, Vin Diesel" he must have been gutted when i got out the car lol.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I ran mine along the passenger side of the car. Under the trunk carpet (easy), then behind the side trim (a bit tougher), then under the door kick plate (east to remove), then removed the glove box (another easy job). Access is right there to the headunit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts