Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I be able to safely run E85 on an already tuned/modded 392 using the pro flex commander plug and play kit along with bigger injectors? (Hellcat) and just swapping out the fuel tables in the PCM?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what a representative from pro flex told me. was wondering if anyone was successful doing this as I agree I have doubts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,773 Posts
(Hellcat) and just swapping out the fuel tables in the PCM?
If it were only that easy. Timing along with a few more tables require changing. If you have HP tuners there is a tune here that gives you an idea what is involved.

Here is a stock demon tune so you can compare.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With this kit, I think the big issue is to know if the OE injectors can sustain a +30% increased flow.

In my opinion, this kit applies in real time, a proportionnal correction on the injection time depending on what the alcohol sensor sees. With 100% gasoline, it will multiply injection time by 1 and with 100% alcohol, multiply by 1.3

I don't think it will change a lambda target map or a volumetric efficiency map. For me that's a good point for a real flex fuel kit but you don't take benefit from higher octane rating.

Note what I said, is only expectation from me about this kit.

In a programmable ECU, you do the same thing by changing in real time, stoichiometric ratio from 14.7 to 9.8 and volumetric mass of fuel from 750 gr/l to 790 gr/l.
No change about ignition timing, VE map ou AFR target map and you should read the same on a rough lambda sensor.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
I would only run a specific E85 tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you tune your 392 with the hellcat injectors or did you do that with the OE injectors ?

There is the option "pro commander" to put custom injectors specs but I think It works well if you tuned it with OE injector. I think the kit applies new injection timing with the discrepencies between custom injectors and OE injectors as reference.

You should ask them the question, Gray answers properly.

Check if the new injectors can handle a 30% increased fuel flow but with 707 HP, I don't think it will be a problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts