Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finished installing the Halo LED lights in my headlights and fog lights. I also installed purple LED strips behind (to light up) the grill. I also installed a front camera behind the bottom grill.

All this wiring needs to get routed inside the car. I've got the wiring all figured out to get TO the firewall, but instead of wasting time searching for the best location to get into the car, I figured I'd lean on the knowledge of "The Hive".

Where's the best place to run a few wires through the firewall? One of the wires (front camera) has a small connector on the end of it that can't be cut off, so more than one recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be out in the garage for the next hour putting together a wiring harness for all this stuff, and routing it inside the factory looming TO the firewall, but if someone can post a couple solutions within the hour I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks guys..

(by the way, I just finished installing the Eibach Pro springs at all four corners today too as well as detailing everything while the wheels were off. Took tons of photos)

·
Registered
688 Posts
The place I used was near the master cyclinder. Tale off the plastic cover for the brake cyclinder and look down next to right of it. You should see the grommet. What I did was to work the grommet out of it's hole, split that grommet, put the wires I needed to go to the inside of the car, into the grommet, closed it up, and then simply put the grommet back in it's hole.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I ran mine thru here :

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is taking way longer than I thought it would, but basically I'm hiding all the extra wiring INSIDE the factory wire looms where looms are available, and wrapping the full length with electrical tape to areas where there is no factory looming. This will give everything a factor appearance with no new looms running anywhere. This was if I go in for maintenance for an electical issue, they won't see any added wires.

I'll try the spot next to the brake cylinder first, I just hope the RCA connectors fit through the hole... if it doesn't fit, any other spots that are inconspicuous?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, since you have a 6-speed, you should have a plug on the center-right of the firewall (looking from the front of the car).

Below are some pics. I used this opening for my SC BAP and to power my gauges. Also, be careful as it doesn't take much pressure at all to push the plug in, there's a double wall, so it can be a PITA to get the plug back in it's place.

In my case, I removed the plug and found a rubber grommet in the plumbing section of a hardware store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I saw that plug. If the other spot doesn't work, I'll use that spot.

Thanks all for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
The place I used was near the master cyclinder. Tale off the plastic cover for the brake cyclinder and look down next to right of it. You should see the grommet. What I did was to work the grommet out of it's hole, split that grommet, put the wires I needed to go to the inside of the car, into the grommet, closed it up, and then simply put the grommet back in it's hole.
Old Thread, Although I cant find any easier way. I want to either run wires to the inside of the glove box or just under the steering wheel. Yours seems to work for the steering wheel although I dont know where to expect the wires to come out of. Could you tell me where to expect it?

Shifty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts