Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As you can see in that pic there's a little rust on my brand new Magnuson. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but need some validation. Definitely a little concerning seeing corrosion inside my brand new $6,000 whiney spinny boy

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
972 Posts
For $6K I would expect a shiny whiney spinney boy.

Reactions: Dennis H and JD40

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Was rust free on the factory 80 mm intake snout and the same on the 90 mm replacement. Would have been a little annoyed as well if that would have been the condition when I started the install...

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
24 Posts
Hi all,
Been lurking here for a while. I have a Magnuson with about 5000 miles on it. It’s been sitting on a bench in the garage since December. Little bit of rust on the shaft. I don’t recall seeing it when it was new though.

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
Been lurking here for a while. I have a Magnuson with about 5000 miles on it. It’s been sitting on a bench in the garage since December. Little bit of rust on the shaft. I don’t recall seeing it when it was new though. View attachment 1000841
Thanks for the reply. If yours has been sitting for the whole year and still looks better that really makes me wonder what's up with mine.

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply. If yours has been sitting for the whole year and still looks better that really makes me wonder what's up with mine.
Yep. And I live in central PA which has high humidity year round. I believe Magnuson is in Southern California. There shouldn’t be corrosion on anything coming from them.

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. And I live in central PA which has high humidity year round. I believe Magnuson is in Southern California. There shouldn’t be corrosion on anything coming from them.
The date it was assembled is August 17, it just got here August 21. Definitely already had rust when they assembled it and makes me wonder if it's a used part

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you sent that pic. to Magnuson? I’d be curious what they have to say about it.
Yea I did but it was already 5pm by the time I sent it and they're closed on weekends. I'll update whenever I get a response

Reactions: doc440 and MiHiHemi

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with Magnuson. Apparently it's normal because the input shafts are uncoated. Little disappointed considering no one else had one come like that. I also noticed when I opened the box with the supercharger it smelt like low tide at the shore.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Id be pissed to spend that kind of $$ and having it look like shit. I can understand its untreated, but steel only rusts when moisture is present. Bearings are untreated also, makes me wonder what the rest looks like.
It looks like yours should have been in the garage for a year and other posters was new.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Id be pissed to spend that kind of $$ and having it look like shit. I can understand its untreated, but steel only rusts when moisture is present. Bearings are untreated also, makes me wonder what the rest looks like.
It looks like yours should have been in the garage for a year and other posters was new.
Like I said the box smelt like the ocean and I can see what looks like white water spots or something on the shaft(salt water?) Other than the input shaft tho everything looks great. Just waiting on my fuel pump and I'll be installing the kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts