Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a thread the other day about some of my paint coming up in the rear quarter....Took the two felt whatever there called out, one was somewhat wet, pretty much dried but you could see the stain.

Question I had for the guys that messed around with the foam, was wondering is the hole at the very bottom a drain hole, that was full of foam on mine, I picked and pushed quite a bit of foam out using my air compressor. Then I POR 15 most of the inside, not sure if that was gonna do anything.

I had my wife doing a lot of the work, and she wasn't a happy camper. LOL.........hey she is the one with the small hands.

What I'm gonna do is after every winter now, just knock out those rivits and clean in there, I had mucho dirt in there.

Hopefully this prolongs the 2010"s life.........still want a new one even with all this trouble, if I get a new one I'm ripping it apart as soon as I get it home.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you order a Demon, it does not come with that foam blown in the panels....
Was hoping on some replys, , like where all the drain holes were, or maybe some other tips on this problem..................But seeing Frank solved all my issues on one post.......why fix the issue when buying a demon will fix it.

Probubly could more feedback on a chevy forum.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Was hoping on some replys, , like where all the drain holes were, or maybe some other tips on this problem..................But seeing Frank solved all my issues on one post.......why fix the issue when buying a demon will fix it.

Probubly could more feedback on a chevy forum.
Sorry I could resist being a "tool". >:)

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
If you remove the plastic trim that is above where the door sill is you can get into the foam from the top a little bit also. There are white inserts that can be pulled out that the floor section of the trim snaps into. The holes reveal some of the foam that is in the rockers. I poked holes in the foam and removed what I could. I then sprayed it full of Fluid Film on my 2011. I've been respraying the Fluid Film every summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I could resist being a "tool". >:)
Hey Frank, no hard feelings, I know you couldn"t resest. LOL...Not happy with the whole deal, but still gonna buy a 2017, just have to put the extra $1200-=1800 away to fix the damn thing when it goes south........but I love driving the car that much, so a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

Sad that you have to drop $30 + grand, knowing it s gonna be a POS in 5-7 yrs. Oh well

I gave up trying to get the foam out, got a better chance of dropping over dead before that is all out.. Can"t really complain too much, the passanger side has a paint bubble about the size of a dime at most, the drivers side, you can"t even see, but you can feel it threw the paint.

Rich

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Hey Frank, no hard feelings, I know you couldn"t resest. LOL...Not happy with the whole deal, but still gonna buy a 2017, just have to put the extra $1200-=1800 away to fix the damn thing when it goes south........but I love driving the car that much, so a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

Sad that you have to drop $30 + grand, knowing it s gonna be a POS in 5-7 yrs. Oh well

I gave up trying to get the foam out, got a better chance of dropping over dead before that is all out.. Can"t really complain too much, the passanger side has a paint bubble about the size of a dime at most, the drivers side, you can"t even see, but you can feel it threw the paint.

Rich
Actually back to the Demon thing, it kind of "Burns my a$$" that the Demon does not have it so you think you would be able to special order an SXT, R/T or any other model without it!!! :icon_mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts