Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Sport Plus. I have the gray stripes going down the middle. I left my car sitting for a week and now my stripes are starting to rust! It rained and lifted a it slightly so I tried to take a hot towel and see if that would remove it but it didn’t help. Does anyone know why it’s doing this? Could it be poor paint sealant? Any tips on how to remove the rust and keep it from coming back? Help please! It makes my car look “vintage” . Pics are from after I wiped it

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts
Are you sure that is rust?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if that's "rust" exactly. But judging by the water spots that car needs clay bar BAD. Definitely find a local reputable detailer.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Same question as above. I've seen staining on cars from various things that drop out of trees. For example a few years back there was a caterpillar infestation and their droppings stained everything I remember it looking a lot like that. Just curious as to whether it could be caused by something similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if that's "rust" exactly. But judging by the water spots that car needs clay bar BAD. Definitely find a local reputable detailer.
It was orange before the water hit it, it looked like rust at first

Same question as above. I've seen staining on cars from various things that drop out of trees. For example a few years back there was a caterpillar infestation and their droppings stained everything I remember it looking a lot like that. Just curious as to whether it could be caused by something similar.
I thought so too but it wasn’t parked under any tree or anything, it was orange before it rained and I tried to wipe it

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doesn’t appear to be rust to me. Looks like surface dirt and water spots. It looks like they’re glossy so you can use a light polish to remove the water spots I have matte stripes and use Meguiars 3 in 1 wax and polish (cleaner wax) to remove my water spots by hand. Works like a charm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts