Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are we going to see cars with these big Dnyo's match the ET at the track?
How come camaros run 8psi boost wih 504rwhp on stock motors and spank the crap out of Speedy at 12psi sam at 15psi.
Why don't you guys pay attention to reality?
How many times do we have to tell you your not making any power with all that boost, that you need to change the pully back to the big one so you can see for yourself the reality that them blowers are spent at 10psi.
Let me ask you this.
How much more can you do to them cars to get them to run a 10 second pass?
I bet theres nothing else you can do to get a 10's pass, your maxed out where your at. You guys will never get them cars to faster.
How come my 6.1 with 8:8 compression makes 700rwhp+ at 14 psi with 14* timing?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
How come camaros run 8psi boost wih 504rwhp on stock motors and spank the crap out of Speedy at 12psi sam at 15psi.
How many times do we have to tell you your not making any power with all that boost, that you need to change the pully back to the big one so you can see for yourself the reality that them blowers are spent at 10psi.
Let me ask you this.
I bet theres nothing else you can do to get a 10's pass, your maxed out where your at. You guys will never get them cars to faster.
John you gotta stop comparing Speedy to anything else let along a Camaro. THE SIX SPEED CARS ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING DOWN THE 1/4 MILE!!!!
That being said I would also like to see dyno posted with 1/4 mile runs. That's only going to help everybody with setting up the cars. We also need to know what has been done like tires and pressure, weight launch technique and a lot more I'm not thinking of. Anything we can get will be usefull for us new guys or like me haven't been to a track in over 10 years.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
John you gotta stop comparing Speedy to anything else let along a Camaro. THE SIX SPEED CARS ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING DOWN THE 1/4 MILE!!!!
That being said I would also like to see dyno posted with 1/4 mile runs. That's only going to help everybody with setting up the cars. We also need to know what has been done like tires and pressure, weight launch technique and a lot more I'm not thinking of. Anything we can get will be usefull for us new guys or like me haven't been to a track in over 10 years.
your asking for proff of what we already know the dnyos don't match the 1/4 mile runs.
there's enough evidence alredy posted on here showing thats the biggest fraud on this site.
so why don't these 2 guys show us by changing the 2 pulleys back to the big ones and go down the track again with the big pulley.
Karl showed us his motor was stock now show me the real rwhp and boost level

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
When are we going to see cars with these big Dnyo's match the ET at the track?
Let me ask you this.
You are saying that at 10PSI of boost you are at max gain. You are running 14Lbs of boost on your ride though. Why 14lbs and not 10lbs?? I am at 10.2 right now. I am looking at going to 15lb. I am not chasing a 1/4 mile, though my time may get into the upper 10's (my car is in the mid 11's now), I am going after top end and the Texas mile. I thought more Boost = more Horse Power. Or are you saying that it is a waste of Horse Power and you cannot use it. Is this just on 6speed cars?? I am just like BM and I am trying to learn from you guys with all of the knowlege.

·
Banned
804 Posts
Hey John, Did you see the 5000lb stereo overloaded 300SRT make a 11.3 pass with the 10lb Maggie on a stock block 6.1 at Atco.....or the Charger SRT with the stock 6.1 and a 6lb Maggie running 11.6?......Know the difference to Speedy and HemiSam.....AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS. I would be willing to bet Sams motor in an Auto equipped LX/LY would run mid tens easy.

P.S......if the blower is making more boost it's not spent.....if the pulley size were increased and there was no increase in boost then it would be spent.....and if the screws/rotors are turning within rpm limits and IAT's are in a good spot there is no issue.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are saying that at 10PSI of boost you are at max gain. You are running 14Lbs of boost on your ride though. Why 14lbs and not 10lbs?? I am at 10.2 right now. I am looking at going to 15lb. I am not chasing a 1/4 mile, though my time may get into the upper 10's (my car is in the mid 11's now), I am going after top end and the Texas mile. I thought more Boost = more Horse Power. Or are you saying that it is a waste of Horse Power and you cannot use it. Is this just on 6speed cars?? I am just like BM and I am trying to learn from you guys with all of the knowlege.
what i'm saying is at 15psi boost they should be making way more power.
i think the maggie is spent at 10 to 12 psi max and i believe if they but the 10psi pulley back on that they would make the same rwhp as the 15psi or the 12psi

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
John
There should be a hand full of 750 to 1000+ HP blower cars this spring, the guy's that are realy going to race these have a very large learning curve which will include alot of suspension changes to get these cars to hook and use as much HP/TQ as possible, and none will be 6 speed cars unless they change to straight axle rears. How many years has it taken to get where the cars are today?
Personally I think the gains will be past the 60' mark on big HP cars.
Tout

·
Registered
68 Posts
For RWHP VS ET's is hard to compare. I have a chance to pull data from many different builds NA/Supercharger/Turbo and NOS on Hemi's. From the dyno @ DTP in Virginia Beach most Blower cars ( full weight cars) need 850+ RWHP to run a 9...Most of us with late 700's (780 ish) to low 800's (815ish) run 10.0's-10.20's.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John
There should be a hand full of 750 to 1000+ HP blower cars this spring, the guy's that are realy going to race these have a very large learning curve which will include alot of suspension changes to get these cars to hook and use as much HP/TQ as possible, and none will be 6 speed cars unless they change to straight axle rears. How many years has it taken to get where the cars are today?
Personally I think the gains will be past the 60' mark on big HP cars.
Tout
yea i got to agree with you lots of guys get caught up chasing that 60' time. I say screw that this is a 4500lb car i'll make my steam out the back.
Suspension is gonna be the next big thing geting these cars to go faster down the track.
Frankly if i can run a couple of 9's that will be cool, but i have no intention of going any faster in my daily driver than low 10's

·
Registered
68 Posts
Suspension, tires...all aside. Most Hemi's I have seen at the track come straight out of the gate and stay a pretty straight course.

My Charger is lowered with Mopar coilovers with the front sway bar on the car still.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suspension, tires...all aside. Most Hemi's I have seen at the track come straight out of the gate and stay a pretty straight course.

My Charger is lowered with Mopar coilovers with the front sway bar on the car still.
9.71 is haulin as$ what you got like 6psi boost on there

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did i say 6 i meant 60

·
Registered
336 Posts
Someone please tell me what I should be running and I will make that my goal for next year. I only got to run 4 passes on borrowed slicks last year in a 20mph head wind (just stating facts, not making excuses for my poor time because I am still learning). I have purchased Hoosier 28x10x17 slicks, and am still running the stock axles and plan to run them until they break. Last year I was actually just side stepping the clutch at various rpm's from 2500-4000,and shifting like I stole it!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Someone please tell me what I should be running and I will make that my goal for next year. I only got to run 4 passes on borrowed slicks last year in a 20mph head wind (just stating facts, not making excuses for my poor time because I am still learning). I have purchased Hoosier 28x10x17 slicks, and am still running the stock axles and plan to run them until they break. Last year I was actually just side stepping the clutch at various rpm's from 2500-4000,and shifting like I stole it!
11.7 or 11.8 i would say would be a good goal with some seat time you should see that easy

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
For RWHP VS ET's is hard to compare. I have a chance to pull data from many different builds NA/Supercharger/Turbo and NOS on Hemi's. From the dyno @ DTP in Virginia Beach most Blower cars ( full weight cars) need 850+ RWHP to run a 9...Most of us with late 700's (780 ish) to low 800's (815ish) run 10.0's-10.20's.
These are the same numbers I have been looking at, on Linda's car we are setting HP around 850 and dialing her in for 10.00 runs this year, even though the engine will make more HP it will be detuned for now. Car will be full weight and then some because of the added items needed to handle 850+ HP.
Tout

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I already know what my car puts down. If you want me to go swap pullies and play around on the dyno all after noon PayPal me $100 to cover the dyno time and I'll go do it right after the holidays. You got my e-mail addy...that's my PayPal as well and the local shop hooks me up for $100 to make a few runs.

You're already gonna owe me a chunk of change when my car lays down well over 500RWHP. We'll just add this to the kitty. If the car makes the same or less power with the 12lbs pulley I'll pay you back the $100.

I got the stock pulley which should be about 9lbs on my car with the ATI dampener then I got the pulley on it now that's around 12-13 pounds of boost depending on the weather.

Put your money where your keyboard is brah. What do ya say?

I have no desire to run 10s in my car. Mine's a street car not a race car.

I do think Sam is probably approaching the limit of the stock throttle body. I'd bet he picks up 50RWHP by going to a 90 or 100mm with the blower nose to match. I'm looking in to some of that now out of curiosity myself. Our dyno graphs flatten out above 6000 RPM and I think there's a bit left on the table there since we can spin these motors to 6800.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts