Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working with installers to get a Maggie this Spring.... No final decision on installer yet, but I have been trying to knock out some of the ankle bitters before that time. Installed a circuit boss to add some power taps, got a 3 guage A-Pillar pod for Boost/AFR/Fuel Pressure. Obviously my CAI must be replaced, so I Figured I would also pick up the CAI now too. I have a 5.7 so the throttle body is closer to the intake. My question is this; is the throttle body placement on the maggie snorkel basically the same as the standard 392 placement? Do I get a CAI for a 392 in order to fit a 5.7 with a maggie?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Don't think you need one, unless...

Been working with installers to get a Maggie this Spring.... No final decision on installer yet, but I have been trying to knock out some of the ankle bitters before that time. Installed a circuit boss to add some power taps, got a 3 guage A-Pillar pod for Boost/AFR/Fuel Pressure. Obviously my CAI must be replaced, so I Figured I would also pick up the CAI now too. I have a 5.7 so the throttle body is closer to the intake. My question is this; is the throttle body placement on the maggie snorkel basically the same as the standard 392 placement? Do I get a CAI for a 392 in order to fit a 5.7 with a maggie?
....you want a little "bling" under the hood. The cold air boxes of the past few years are probably as good as any CAI (perhaps better).

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
You have 4 choices at this point to go with an intake system that you want.

Option 1) Maggie kit will only come with the rubber boot for connecting the throttle body to the factory airbox. You will have to provide a CAI Filter.

Option 2) Purchase and Install the Arrington CAI Kit that they sell for the Maggie/TVS Blowers.

Option 3) Purchase supplies from Silicone Systems to build your own. Will still need to buy your own filter.

Option 4) Build a fender pull intake which will grab air from lower dam area in the fender. You can get these from Silicone Intake Systems as well. I built mine with help and ideas from WyGoSlow which is a user here. Is a bit more of a pain to change the filter when you need to though. Lower plastic guard must come off to access area behind foglight.

If you are interested in Option 4, I have some pics that I can upload for you to check out what is needed.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
If the 80000000000 dollars you are spending on a supercharger doesn't come with one, don't buy that one.
Why should they include one if people are just going to do a different approach and sell it? About half the Maggie owners that I have met so far don't use the factory airbox with silicone boot that magnusun provides.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I did not realize that one came in the kit. Regardless, I do not plan to keep the stock airbox. I was hoping to use a JLT for stock 6.4. Do you know if this will work?

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
One does NOT come in the kit. What comes in the kit is only a silicone rubber boot that will take you from the throttle body to the factory airbox.

If you want something else then you will either have to buy a kit to build it yourself or buy one made for the Maggie/ Challenger of your year vehicle.

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
Magnuson's dont come with a cai, come with boot only, will fit stock box, Mopar cai's, Arringtons, beyond that not sure what will work, the KN will not work,
Luke

ps, no ankle bitters here, we install plenty with lots of happy, very happy customers.....

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts