Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am posting this as a request from a few different people. So here it is complete with pics.

Car: Brilliant Black Pearl 6.1 SRT 6spd manual transmission

Engine Mods (Mostly Stock lol) :

Ported Intake (Arrington)
Ported Heads (Arrington)
STOCK block
STOCK exhaust manifolds
Borla Exhaust
80# injectors
MSD boost a pump
DSS Axles (1400 HP)
MCleod clutch
Hurst Short throw (which I need to replace, too sloppy in the gates)
Turbosmart estreet2 electronic Boost Controller
Red LED's in the hoods scoops (seriously)
180 Degree T-stat
Catch Can
Breather Bottle (for crankcase pressure relief)
SLP line lock
Turbos/Turbo Kit:

Plumbing and Pipes are from Hellion. In fact I bought Hellion's kit deleted the turbos, and upgraded the intecooler and injectors.

Turbos are custom Garrett's built by Turbos Direct here locally. I went with Garrets because they have been making turbos since the GN days and are owned by Honeywell, so with that kind of money behind them their R&D is rock solid. I don;t have a part number because they are custom, they are a combination of 3 different turbos put into a 61mm housing. They are however, ceramic ball bearing, quick spool oil and water cooled turbos (and they were spendy).

Tires:

Front = Stock

Rear = Nitto NTO5R's 315x35x20

Racing tune:

Predator/Dyno tuned by Dave from Motiva Motorsports.

Slightly modified by Troy Clark from Modern Auto Repair

Runs about 10.5 degrees of timing on 109 Octane on 11psi.

We think we can run more timing will start bumping it up here in the next week or so.

Track:

Speed World, Waddell AZ

I run at Speedworld in Wadell AZ. You can usually find me there every weekend provided the car is not in the shop.

Pics:

Turbos:

That's Troy Clark in the background my mechanic that did the entire install and fabrication work.

Pics of the Car:

Before turbos

I was running a 100 shot of nitrous in the above pic.

After Turbos

The below link has videos that Transporter took of my car back in January when I was running low 12's.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f100/s1nst3r-reigning-his-hellion-twin-turbo-50230/

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Awesome build. Looks like money well spent!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was definately money spent......I went through my fair share of breakages as well, and I am sure I will have a few more.

I do have to give my props to Frank at DSS he told me the axles would hold at 5k RPM launch and he was right, ran 11.73 last night.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Good Stuff!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Totally badass! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Buckwheat I did tell you lasst weekend I would get into the 11's this weekend.....just making sure I am keeping my word (lol). Thanks for the compliments JSD i really appreciate it.

here's the timeslip for last night run

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Nice man! Do you have gauges in the car? What kind of AFR are you set at?

You're running some excellent times and pushing limits on the stock block. Awesome seeing folks testing the limits of these motors. You should start a collection as folks can learn a lot from your experiments.

I like the turbos up closer to the motor like you have better than the ones at the rear.

Does your car still have cats or did the turbos replace those?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice Set up and track times S1nst3r! I have the Hellion kit also and run 13 degs. timing with a Johan email tune.I surprised a lot of people today at the track with my stock motor.I ran a few 121 mph 1/4 miles at 12.0x(6 to 8psi).I need a better 60 ft to hit the 11's.That will come at the next track day.My MPH should be good for high or mid 11's.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Nice Set up and track times S1nst3r! I have the Hellion kit also and run 13 degs. timing with a Johan email tune.I surprised a lot of people today at the track with my stock motor.I ran a few 121 mph 1/4 miles at 12.0x(6 to 8psi).I need a better 60 ft to hit the 11's.That will come at the next track day.My MPH should be good for high or mid 11's.
Yep, I was gonna PM this thread to you Rich. Glad you saw it.

Nice MPH there bro. Did you post up your slips?

For racing I honestly think turbos are the ticket. Can't be a PD SC for car shows though LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Great build. That's not a lot of timing at all...when you increase that and get some slicks it will be even faster

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey, I'm gonna start my own thread with clips and slips.I was glad I went turbo,when I watched a supercharged Challenger break his tensioner on his first run.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Thats some real nice craftsmanship, and some nice times to back it up.
Congats again, nice car looks great with them wheels

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Very nice everything looks spot on. After you get your 426 and crank some psi to it you will have a monster on your hands.
Any Idea when that Block will be to you? Keep us posted I like looking and hearing what everyone is doing.
Yes Andy Turbos do rule.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rich, that's good to hear with the timing...I haven't put that much timing in yet. Your mile an hour is spot on for mid to high 11's. I saw your thread but haven't read it yet.

Boatman the block is at the shop....but waiting until summer when my racing season is completely over before messing with the car again. I have missed most of the season already.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Kewl build and ET. I particular liked the way you had the nitrous set up in the trunk. You should post a pic of that.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts