Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anybody knows the part number for the factory Nivomat self-leveling rear shocks that some 6 speed Challengers come with. Mine came with Bilsteins from factory and I want to swap to the Nivomats for their greater capabilities on hard launches. I am well aware that they don't allow you to lower the car but I have no intention of lowering any time soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I can check tonight when I get home...

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Also, see if you can find someone's take-offs to buy.

Nivomats cost quite a bit of $$$ to buy new...they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It be appreciated cannonballcobb, and yeah I'm afraid of the new price but I wanna check into it. I think they might be worth it. My factory bilsteins have been replaced once on warranty because they were leaking, and now they're leaking again. Also been combating bad wheel hop since I got the car. So I'm thinking I need better shocks.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue what prices they're going for. If I can get a part # I'll price them out at work tomorrow and see how much of an arm and leg they are.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have no clue what prices they're going for. If I can get a part # I'll price them out at work tomorrow and see how much of an arm and leg they are.
Cool. I'll snap some pictures tonight once I get home from work and post them up on this thread so you can get the part #. We'll work out a deal since they're just sitting boxed up in my garage collecting dust. I've got the springs if you want to buy those too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, my usual parts guy has the day off today. I'll have to check with him tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 2011 stp 6 speed with the nivomats.. I still experience wheel hop and had one rear replaced because of leaking as well. I was thinking of doing the opposite you are doing. It may not help.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well crap. I found this article from a few years back and it gave me ideas: 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T: Suspension Walkaround

"Turns out that Nivomats are very good at combatting axle hop during hard drag-style launches. They help put the power down when you drop the clutch"

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well I checked today and the P68072163AB says 2011-14. Now that I've heard about people with the Nivomats still having bad wheel hop I'm kinda having my doubts. I might go a different route, maybe aftermarket. Thanks for the input and offers though guys, it's appreciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts