Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sad day for Challenger and me.

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Dales 2016 Challenger 
#1 ·
Well yesterday I traded in my baby. I hated to do it but the move from Oklahoma to Michigan was a major factor, and the dirt road we live on. I wouldn't drive it if it rained because our lane turns to a sloppy mess and I'd also have to wait 2-3 days for it to dry up, plus the winter it stayed in the garage. I had a beater 08 ram 4x4 but just couldn't see paying for the car three cars on insurance (one being the wife's) plus maintenance on the ram. I hated seeing it just sitting there going to waste. I traded her in for of course another Mopar brand a 18 Ram 4x4. I sure am gonna miss you guys and gals nuke, a guy, Hal h and some others I know I have missed. I'd like to stay a member just to see what everyone is up to. Again I had a blast here and with the car just couldn't see the money part. See you all around and stay safe.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#2 ·
No problem we will see you again in a few years when you buy another one :)

Congrats on the 18 Ram, I have often thought about doing the same thing being I live in Michigan also, but then I take the Challenger for a drive and that feeling goes away.

I don't know if I could continue being a member of this site without a Challenger, it would make me want to buy one even more.

#8 ·
Understand your reasoning, maybe there will be another Challenger in your future one day, in the meantime enjoy the Ram truck.

#9 ·
No need to leave, you're part of the CT family now :) You still have opinions and experience to add, so stick around. Heck, we still have Nuke here and he owns a 4 door!

A Guy

#13 ·
Dirt roads just SUCK. If I had to live on one (no way/no how BTW) I'd own nothing but 10 year old beater pick up trucks and cars. Any new car or truck will suffer the rocks and small stone damage that in an area where the roads get salted in the winter means bare metal exposed and rust damage for anything driven during the winter months. It's the worst situation for any car or truck you actually care about keeping "nice" for sure. :(

I completely understand the reasoning behind ditching your Challenger and recognize it as the intelligent decision for sure.

#18 ·
So...what are you going to mod first? Exhaust? Intake? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Well yesterday I traded in my baby. I hated to do it but the move from Oklahoma to Michigan was a major factor, and the dirt road we live on.
I understand the pain behind trading a Challenger.

Quick Question, where are you in Michigan?

Ypsilanti here.

WTF is up with all the dirt roads up here?

I personally would never buy any house on a dirt road because of the issues you described and a couple of others. It is literally my #1 rule about looking for a house. If I have to take a dirt road to get there, if the house is on a dirt road, if I can't get to work, the store and a freeway two different ways without a dirt road, the house, no matter what it is, is not for me.

I grew up in Ohio and literally the poorest counties at least tar and chipped their roads. There are county roads and mile roads in Michigan that aren't paved and that floors me.

#21 ·
I'm in Millington. It's a private drive about 1/4 mile. I guess years ago the cousins that live behind us signed some papers saying they waived the county to maintain the road. Not sure if true. Wife fell in love with the house and we have 5 acres surrounded by trees.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.