Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll share this with ya'll after reading some recent posts. PLEASE keep your cars inside if at all possible. If that means cleaning up, rearranging or plain throwing crap out of the garage DO IT! Ready? About 2002 I became the proud owner of one of the few cars I ever fell in love with; a beautiful BMW M3 Sedan. It was loaded, very quick and a blast to drive. Without going into too much detail here is what happened one night. The car was parked in the driveway close to the house. Not being able to sleep, I had stayed up into the wee hours of the morning. At one point I swore I heard something outside but a glance through the front door glass pane revealed nothing. Around 6 am I headed out the door to get into my baby and head to work. As I approached, I noticed something kind of faintly steaming from the car. It was a beautiful morning, cool with crystal clear skies. Still not putting the whole scene together, I looked at it thinking perhaps a plane had dropped its load (as happens frequently) overhead and it landed on my car? Seriously, I did. Then, I knew that couldn't be because our Toyota parked right next to it was perfectly fine. Upon closer inspection my heart dropped. My car had been vandalized. From the hood to the roof, trunk and all window weatherstrips. All inside the M specific wheels and brake components. All over the bumpers running onto the Dinan exhaust someone had poured and splashed muriatic acid. It was too late. As soon as the adjuster got to the house that afternoon, she pronounced it totaled.
Bet some of you will be busy this weekend. I NEVER leave my car outside, EVER. To this day there is a small spot on the driveway to remind me of what can happen when you're careless.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I looked at it thinking perhaps a plane had dropped its load (as happens frequently)
Common misconception. There are holding tanks and external valves involved that can only be opened from outside (by ground crew). Also, try pouring a glass of water out your window @ 70mph, now imagine it @ triple / much higher speeds. Atomized. Extremely rare cases of "blue ice" involve valve malfunctions / leaks & you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning a few times. Ex pilot & lived under various flight paths all my life. Just sayin'. :)

That blows about your baby though. Much sympathy. Nice warm spot in hell for those folks. Eh - they're probably in jail now anyway, or enjoying a thriving career in some lucrative profession - that will land them in jail.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i saw a '71 -'74 vette that this had happened to at a body shop, it was written off too.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Common misconception.
Well it was either that, down the side of my house several years ago, or teradactyls aren't extinct after all!

This is about the most cowardly thing possible. If you have a problem with someone why not man up and tell them. I drive mine to work every day so I try not to think about these things happening. It'd just drive me crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts