Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see what the opinions are out there for safe boost levels with a Magnuson on a 6.1, stock everything, and a custom tune? Anyone with experience with their own set-up's? Just got mine installed with the 'out of the box tune' and it is heaven!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Which pulley did you get? I have the stock 6lb pulley, and it runs from 6 to 7lbs of boost. I know some newer systems are shipping with an 8lb pulley. No problems at all with my car. My signature shows my runs on street/slicks. Very happy with it. I would never pass 8lbs on a stock engine, but that is my opinion. Good luck!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 3.2 pulley that came with the kit. Are you running your stock airbox and thermostat? Did you use the magnuson tune that cam with it? Very impressive times you are running. Were the 20' street tires rolling your stock SRT rubber/rims?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have the 3.2 pulley that came with the kit. Are you running your stock airbox and thermostat? Did you use the magnuson tune that cam with it? Very impressive times you are running. Were the 20' street tires rolling your stock SRT rubber/rims?
I had the stock airbox when I was on the street tires, but I did change them to another street tire (Vredesteins) on the stock rim. Now I am running the Arrington CAI. I never had the canned tune, I had mine installed, and tuned by Josh at HHP.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maggie

I have the 8lb kit on mine and have no issues at all except traction,
mine was done at Livernois, then cam by Arrington, 544rwhp, on
Superflow Dyno. Having it tuned by a pro will give more hp. I was
going with a 10lb kit on stock internals with meth to keep it cool,
but had some extra funds and went with 6.1 426 build.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's all great advice...thanks! I need to find a tuner in San Diego that knows what they are doing. What is the average cost for a dyno custom tune?

·
Registered
464 Posts
From what I've been told expect to pay either side of $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts