Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Challenger is a 2011. It has 7k miles on it and I got it new, so I know it's never been in any kind of accident/collision.

This past week, I changed an actuator on the air conditioner. In order to change the actuator, I had to remove the felt panel that is under the driver side area of the dash. Once I could see up under the dash, I noticed what looks like a smashed fitting on the brake pedal arm. The other end of that fitting is what connects to the brake master cylinder - so if that fitting came loose, I would have no brakes. I know many fittings are pressed on, but this looks like that fitting was pressed on so hard that it fractured the metal all around. I'm wondering if this is a safety hazard. I uploaded a picture - hopefully everyone can see it.

Has anyone else noticed this on their Challenger or asked a dealer about it?

Thanks-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
My Challenger is 3 months old bought it new and I have 7200 miles on it. LOL
I tend to keep my oil warm on a daily basis.
If that arm let's go and you find yourself with no brake pedal action, familiarize yourself with the emergency brake pedal location so as to reduce the stress of a faulty brake pedal.
If you are worried about that factory crimp you could drill it out and install a bolt in its place or weld it together or both bolt and weld it.
I worry more about wearing out my throttle position sensor since I use it more than my brake pedal.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,214 Posts
thats absolutely normal and how they all look.
you do have an e-brake and ability to shift into nuetral worst case, but your fine, thats not going anywhere..and what would cause it to anyway?

·
Registered
15,337 Posts
Completely normal and not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts