Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group , I have not received any emails from Saleen in about a week regarding a refund , replacing or repairing a damaged sms hood that I received and sending me the hardware and parts that were missing from the hood purchase. I received a damaged hood with no parts.I also returned the sms 570 challenger front , rear and trim kit. About a week ago sms confirmed that they had received those parts. I shipped them back in Feb or early March. If there are any members that reside close to the SMS store or shop please let me know if there still open for business. I believe that SMS Performance is located in Corona California. I called them today and got a recording stating that all lines are busy and to leave a message and phone number. No one has returned my call as of 6;50 cst. I called them around 3;45cst. Thanks , Rattler

·
Registered
144 Posts
A buddy of mine talked to SMS on Wednesday afternoon... They are still in business.

They just have terrible customer service

He spent $28,000 with them and it took him about 5 weeks to get someone to call him back

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saleen performance ????????????

Thanks for the information. I have had bad service before but this is something else. Im realy a laid back guy , dont complain about little things but this has been going on for months. At first they made a ebay store name / ebay transaction number change in the middle of spending thousands , called / emailed for a week and customer service said that they were at the Vegas car show. Then after a few more weeks the contact person said that she had surgery but now back at work feeling great. Told me that my refund was available at the sms store for future purchases . Then ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lock jaw and a locked keyboard. The last message that I received from sms regarding my damaged hood was to take it to a repair shop , get it repaired and sms would pay for it. After all of this I would now like to have them pick up the damaged hood "with no parts intake hardware " . If they did send for a pick up they may still keep my money ? I was warned by challengertalk.com members to leave sms alone and now I wish that I had done so. Im also thinking that I was warned in another way , A local dealer has had two 570 Challengers for sale for almost two years. There 2009 models. Before ordering I went by the dealers lot to have another look at the red butterfly hood. Looked at the white car then looked at the red car. When I walked back by the white 570 returning to my car I noticed that one side of the 570's red butterfly inductors was completely open , the other side was closed as they should be with zero pedal push. They were all closed when I first looked at that car and no one had been in the car. I never touched anything while there. Maybe the car was also telling me to leave sms alone ? At least I got a message that the T/A hood is on its way with tracking numbers. Its coming from a Dodge dealer. Thanks for the tips regarding this matter , Rattler

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saleen Performance

Group , I realy appreciate your help . If sms performance is giving this bad of customer service to Challenger owners , there giving the same to mustang and camaro owners too. If sms does not refund my money for returned unopened parts that they confirmed receiving and does not replace or repair the damaged hood plus send me the parts that were missing from the hood purchase I would like to inform mustang and camaro owners of this. I know this will not hurt sms , I do not want to ,, but it could keep someone from spending there hard earned money for a bunch of problems . Im going to try and find some but if anyone here knows of the major mustang and camaro talk groups that are online like ours please let me know. Cheers , Rattler "Maybe SMS is the Mongoose and the Snake has been chomped ! Gotta laugh guys otherwise I would be crying .......

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
camaro5 seems to be pretty big. I think there's a few people here that hang out there to. You might open a thread and ask if anyone is in a Mustang or camaro forum? Or you might PM Buckwheat , I thin he hangs out with some mustang types.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Same issue with me.

Rattler

The girl you spoke with was Molly Saleen. She has very poor CS. Im in the same boat however, i never got anything and they still have my money was able to recoup most buy doing charge backs on my credit cards. I have gotten all but 1133.00 which was the balance in my PP account opened a case and then closed it do to reaching an agreement with them should have never done that though then I would have all my money back. Now I wonder why Kent Lang really quite I bet it was due to how they do business. I have contacted the DAs office their in Orange County, CA and told them what was going on and I was told to feel out some paper work and submit and they will investigate and see what actions they are going to take. If you would like to get in on this let me know. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts