Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
he said sumthn about, the origial owner hasnt been involved until now and that he's making the Challenger his "comeback " car... I dont know how factual this is, so dont take my word on it....

·
Registered
238 Posts
He means that Saleen's company became available to the public, and he stepped down as CEO and let it be run by a board of directors, aka the folk who hold the most stock. Apparently Steve Saleen himself is coming back to take his hand to the new Challenger, to show that he works on things besides the S7TT and Fords.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Thanks for the article! I too believe that this project is probably very low #'s....My question is why start with an R/T...not SRT?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Thanks for the article! I too believe that this project is probably very low #'s....My question is why start with an R/T...not SRT?
It may be cheaper for him to do so. But i doubt I'd pay $65k for his car. Id just take that extra $20k and put it into an SRT. You would beat most any thing on the road, where it be the strip or the turns. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Anyone hear anything about Roush (did i spell it right?) I thought they were going to modify some Challengers also.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Come on Tim, what is it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I will post pics with the first creation. Untill then I cant release too much information.
All I can say, is that if your seriously looking at A Saleen or Hennessy-- Please just wait until you see this option. I think it will be pretty easy to make your decesion then.

Thanks,

Tim C

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, they really are. The Saleen S271 Extreme Mustang is just total **** for the 65k they want for it. Not even worth it.
Well first of all the S281E (S302E now) is a pretty nice car. However, I also agree it's not worth $82k. My uncle has a 2006 S281E and I've driven it may times and it makes my Stang feel very slow (my's a high 12 second car).

With that said I don't like the Saleen Pic. I think they go over the top with the body mods. I don't see much that can be done (or should be done) to the Challenger outside of a different hood or stripes. Some cars just aren't meant to be messed with and this is one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts