Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew more about Challengers than my salesman...which is pretty sad considering I didn't know much about them. He told me that my hood scoops were fake and I said okay. They are actually semi-functional. They do not breathe right on the filter, but the hood has cutouts to allow airflow through the engine.

I took it in to the service department for the first time and I was chit chatting with the service guy about different things. When I told them I wished I had Brembo calipers, he said that the RT Plus actually have unstamped Brembo calipers. He was adamant about it. Do I really have Brembo calipers. They look nothing like the ones I've had in the past.

·
Registered
352 Posts
A lot of the guys at dealerships don't know much at all about these cars. A friend of mine is the service manager at a local Dodge dealership. A few months ago I went to him to have my Mopar Stage 1 springs installed. My car is a 2015 sublime green. I pull up and he goes "Awesome car. Have you seen the new front ends on the 2015's?" This is a guy whose dad owns that dealership and 3 others. He's spent his whole life around cars.

The next Challenger I buy I will take the trip up to North Carolina and buy from Steve White Motors. They seem to know these cars in and out and their people that post here actually drive Challengers.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT
40 Posts
The knowledge of the sales reps on these cars is laughable. The guy I ordered my rt plus stp is adamant the the plus does not come with vented seats, and that there is absolutely no way to get vented seats with the super track pack. Wellany other forums beg to differ as well as real owner reviews and the dodge.com website. I have a feeling that the dealer is going to try and pull a fast one on me when he figures out the car comes with vented seats. Can't wait lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
One of the local dealers here had a guy who told me that the only model available in Torred was the Scat Pac. What a d-bag.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Salesmen are salesmen because they are good at selling...... not because they know the most (or anything) about what they are selling. Car salesmen are no different.

That said it sure was funny when I was buying my 2010 SRT and the salesmen told the fuel rails were a system to "whoosh away all the contaminants before they get into the engine".

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It's not just salesmen or service managers, it's everywhere you go any more. Trying to find a clerk or salesperson who knows about the product they're selling or who even gives a sh** about their product or you as a customer is getting harder and harder to do. Customer service is rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

I own a business, and have built a very good reputation on having good people. If you work for me, you know your job, and you give it 100%. If you're a 75% kind of guy, go work down the street. I wish more businesses had this philosophy.

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
The first salesman to show me a 15 (a base SXT) in person had no idea what a Scat Pack was. Every time I mentioned it, he started talking about the Super Track Pack suspension lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,041 Posts
I have been lucky to find a few sales and service folks that know a good bit about these cars, however I think it's because they themselves have a great deal of interest in them. At both dealerships I go to they are the guys that also drag race and enjoy working on their cars so they have taken a personal interest in them. There are also strangely enough a lot of people working at dealerships that aren't really car guys and are just passing time until they find their next job.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Unfortunately, most dealerships are this way nowadays.

·
Registered
516 Posts
When I told them I wished I had Brembo calipers, he said that the RT Plus actually have unstamped Brembo calipers. He was adamant about it. Do I really have Brembo calipers. They look nothing like the ones I've had in the past.
They are definitely NOT Brembo brakes. I have the R/T Plus and they are just standard calipers.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I had a salesperson tell me that you can't buy a Challenger in a manual. I told him my car was a 6 speed REPEATEDLY and he would just keep saying "Impossible" so I opened my door and showed him and he looked like he was about to faint. Some people just care about the paycheck. They don't have the pride to be good at what they do.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This reminds me of when I went to the Harley dealer back in 1995ish time. I asked the parts man "Ian", whom was about 25 for a 51 tooth rear sprocket for my '74 Superglide. He claimed Harley never built a motorcycle with a chain drive.

I turned and walked out. I was flabbergasted!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This reminds me of when I went to the Harley dealer back in 1995ish time. I asked the parts man "Ian", whom was about 25 for a 51 tooth rear sprocket for my '74 Superglide. He claimed Harley never built a motorcycle with a chain drive.

Wow, he wins the dumbest salesman of the year award.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Wow, he wins the dumbest salesman of the year award.
Hold on there... I was at the dealer getting some service done. I went to check out the new cars. This was when some of the Challengers had that 570 designation on them.
I asked a salesman what the 570 was for. He said in his most superior and all knowing voice, "It's the engine...570 cubic centimeters".
I said it seems a little under powered. He just looked at me funny.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hold on there... I was at the dealer getting some service done. I went to check out the new cars. This was when some of the Challengers had that 570 designation on them.
I asked a salesman what the 570 was for. He said in his most superior and all knowing voice, "It's the engine...570 cubic centimeters".
I have a bigger engine in my snowmobile! LMAO!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Okay, I think he gets first price, but only because of the authority behind his voice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts