Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a Tungsten V6. Here are some opinions:

Lower Grille Vent (I"m not saying it right)-Definetly an improvement. It gives the front end a more agressive look.

The absence of the Ram emblem- I guess I am indifferent about this. It doesn't bother me having the ram emblem on the hood. I did like the wheels with the "DODGE" emblem. it looked good.

Steering wheel- the new wheel is a lot smaller. I like the circumference better. The old wheel is way too big. The design though, I'm not fond of. The wheel looks great on a Journey or Durango, but lacks sportiness on a Charger or Challenger.

Gauges- Indifferent

Dials and Trunk button- I did not like the new light dial or the trunk button. They seemed cheap for some reason. I thought it was weird that the cold/hot dial now has actual farenheit temperature readings. Haven't seen that before.

Door Handles- The new handles are not bad. I like the old handles a lot. But the new handles are quite nice as well.

Overall I thought the exterior changes were a plus. I wasn't real big on the interior changes. It felt like they just made change where change was not needed on the interior.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It was a Tungsten V6. Here are some opinions:

Lower Grille Vent (I"m not saying it right)-Definetly an improvement. It gives the front end a more agressive look.

The absence of the Ram emblem- I guess I am indifferent about this. It doesn't bother me having the ram emblem on the hood. I did like the wheels with the "DODGE" emblem. it looked good.

Steering wheel- the new wheel is a lot smaller. I like the circumference better. The old wheel is way too big. The design though, I'm not fond of. The wheel looks great on a Journey or Durango, but lacks sportiness on a Charger or Challenger.

Gauges- Indifferent

Dials and Trunk button- I did not like the new light dial or the trunk button. They seemed cheap for some reason. I thought it was weird that the cold/hot dial now has actual farenheit temperature readings. Haven't seen that before.

Door Handles- The new handles are not bad. I like the old handles a lot. But the new handles are quite nice as well.

Overall I thought the exterior changes were a plus. I wasn't real big on the interior changes. It felt like they just made change where change was not needed on the interior.

I feel the same way. I was almost going to just cancel my 392 order and buy a 2010 over a couple of the issues. Hoping to change the steering wheel down the line. Actually bought the Ram's head Nose Badge from another user because I liked it. Can you really unlock the doors without taking out the key fob? I wasn't sure about this because my friend's '11 Grand Cherokee has the lock on the handles but I don't think it has the unlock feature on the inner handle though. Does the unlock feature work on the '11 handles?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you really unlock the doors without taking out the key fob? I wasn't sure about this because my friend's '11 Grand Cherokee has the lock on the handles but I don't think it has the unlock feature on the inner handle though. Does the unlock feature work on the '11 handles?
There is a button on the top of the door handle that will unlock the door without using the key fob.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I believe the button is to lock the doors once exiting. They should unlock by just getting within proximity of the door handle.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I believe the button is to lock the doors once exiting. They should unlock by just getting within proximity of the door handle.
The black button on top of the handle is only to lock the car once you exit. To unlock without using the FOB, the FOB must be within 5 feet of the car when you touch the underside of the door handle.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Dials and Trunk button- I did not like the new light dial or the trunk button. They seemed cheap for some reason. I thought it was weird that the cold/hot dial now has actual farenheit temperature readings.

This is so you can set the cabin temperature to a specific temp and it will maintain that temp. My '71 Olds Delta 88 had that feature.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I knew the handle on the button was to lock. I saw a video from the Hemi Highway tour and it showed you could unlock the door with the key in your pocket by using the handle. I just wasn't sure how it worked, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts