Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a DWB IE came in to the local Dodge dealer today...it had almost the same options as the 1 i ordered, just a different color...they wanted invoice ($2500 off sticker)

so i took the whole family and went to see if we wanted to switch from white to DWB....wow...its nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i no longer care which color i get...the DWB looked great!!!

it was #517...the seats were decent...not perfect, but much better than the low #'s and much better than mine (#127)...the fit was great....the seats looked much better in person...i love them

i fired up the engine....definitely louder than the 6.1..the car had a shake to it...i assume its normal???? it felt like a 1970 muscle car at idle...very impressive

the wheels looked awesome...definitely an improvement

Quality: the car had 13 miles on it and had come in today...
1.scratches around the door knob
2. 4-5 horizontal bands of scuffs across the trunk..basically the trunk looked like crap
3. some dirt marks on the top of one of the seats
4. a medium sized bubble near the edge of one of the stripes..i worked at it and it came out...made me feel like the stripes werent going to stay flawless for long.
5. A BIG DENT in the wheel well....

i was ready to purchase...i had the nod from the wife...1 second away from signing....then i saw the dent...

very poor quality control!!!!! at least on this car

i have 2 more DWB's to look at locally in the next couple of days.....

i used to want a low dash plaque #...now i want a high one...the high ones seem to have better seats

the car looked awesome....i cant wait!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have just come to the realization that these cars won't be perfect. I am pleased with my IE although today I did notice a couple of minor discrepancies in the paint. There were a couple of spots where it looked like some dirt particles got under the paint. Also, there are some small spots from rail dust but that will come out once I clay bar it. I had similar issues with my 6.1.

In my IE the seats were a little dirty in some areas so I used a Magic Eraser and that did the trick. I haven't found any problems with the stripes and no scratches. You're doing the right thing. Make sure you look over the car very well before you take delivery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK, for you white IE owner/shoppers do you like the stripes? I want white, but hate the stripes. But...stripes match seats right? so if I get rid of the stripes I'm stuck with the blue/white seats. I know, can't have everything perfect.

Last Q, did you get the 430 radio? Like it? I have the 730 now, not sure if they fixed the bluetooth sync issue in the 430...

·
Registered
653 Posts
OK, for you white IE owner/shoppers do you like the stripes? I want white, but hate the stripes. But...stripes match seats right? so if I get rid of the stripes I'm stuck with the blue/white seats. I know, can't have everything perfect.

Last Q, did you get the 430 radio? Like it? I have the 730 now, not sure if they fixed the bluetooth sync issue in the 430...
I have the 430N in my 392, there's no phone issue with the bluetooth but did you mean music wise? If so it's still crap, sounds like it's fast forwarding the music.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Stripes are a must. They set the car off and go well with the interior. I have the 430 and the radio is great. I haven't had any sync issues (Droid X) and the Garmin Nav is much better than what I had in my 6.1. Maybe it's me but the 13 speakers sound better in my 392.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Huggy, I'd take a drive up to Fond du Lac and see #54. The seats really aren't that bad. It's a DWB.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Huggy, I'd take a drive up to Fond du Lac and see #54. The seats really aren't that bad. It's a DWB.
Walnetto has a good suggestion here. I actually test drove that car. Had 7 miles on the odometer when I parked it on the lot.

Here are some pics of that very car on Holiday Dodge's Facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=105893955830&aid=328925

If you go check it out, tell Joel the sales manager there that Randy sent you. I ordered my GWE through him.:bigthumb:

JFF:D

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walnetto has a good suggestion here. I actually test drove that car. Had 7 miles on the odometer when I parked it on the lot.

Here are some pics of that very car on Holiday Dodge's Facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=105893955830&aid=328925

If you go check it out, tell Joel the sales manager there that Randy sent you. I ordered my GWE through him.:bigthumb:

the website doesnt list the car, but its on cars.com

i have an e-mail into them

there is no white IE's in WI...its frustrating..they are all in Illinois and most of them want over sticker

i dont want to buy from a FIB

·
Registered
675 Posts
the website doesnt list the car, but its on cars.com

i have an e-mail into them

there is no white IE's in WI...its frustrating..they are all in Illinois and most of them want over sticker

i dont want to buy from a FIB

Dude most dealers want over sticker for the IE, Im stuck wanting a DWB, but Im not paying no 50K for it. ARGH!! Im just waiting a month or two see where prices are or until Wife loses her mind and demands her SUV back from me :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Dude most dealers want over sticker for the IE, Im stuck wanting a DWB, but Im not paying no 50K for it. ARGH!! Im just waiting a month or two see where prices are or until Wife loses her mind and demands her SUV back from me :)
I highly doubt that the car we are referring Huggy to in Fond du Lac will be priced with a markup. The sales manager Joel does not work that way. He will most likely start at MSRP, but can certainly be talked down if you approach it right.

I got my GWE SRT at $500 under invoice.:bigthumb: I would expect something similar could be negotiated for an IE. There are lots of them on lots now and gas is quickly approaching $4 and possibly $5 a gallon.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stripes are a must. They set the car off and go well with the interior. I have the 430 and the radio is great. I haven't had any sync issues (Droid X) and the Garmin Nav is much better than what I had in my 6.1. Maybe it's me but the 13 speakers sound better in my 392.
Agree with Stoned Hemi. The blue stripes are a must IMO. The car really pops with them ! Stereo sounds great. Couldn't get the iPod connector to work with 2 different iPod Touches. Dealer is somewhat baffled. It works beautifully with my old 30gig iPod though. Since the iPod stays in the console, my problem is solved, but they do need a software update or something for the iTouches.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Agree with Stoned Hemi. The blue stripes are a must IMO. The car really pops with them ! Stereo sounds great. Couldn't get the iPod connector to work with 2 different iPod Touches. Dealer is somewhat baffled. It works beautifully with my old 30gig iPod though. Since the iPod stays in the console, my problem is solved, but they do need a software update or something for the iTouches.
I think the unofficial mygig update site would probably have an update but I really don't know much about it. Would love for it to be fixed though....

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I highly doubt that the car we are referring Huggy to in Fond du Lac will be priced with a markup. The sales manager Joel does not work that way. He will most likely start at MSRP, but can certainly be talked down if you approach it right.

I got my GWE SRT at $500 under invoice.:bigthumb: I would expect something similar could be negotiated for an IE. There are lots of them on lots now and gas is quickly approaching $4 and possibly $5 a gallon.

i called Fond du Lac and talked to Joel....he must not be as good as a friend as you think...dropping your name got me sticker price...his was one of the worst deals ive found...#43 would be cool though...if he would have been competitive ($500 over invoice) i may have switched colors to get that low #

he called right as i was leaving to go to Illinois to get my car, so it would have been perfect..

these dealers who think they have gold will be stuck with these cars in August with the 2012's come out...guaranteed...i found awesome deals all over the place.....its March in the middle of a recession...its not 2008 anymore..the Challenger isnt a new model people had been waiting for for 30 years

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yup, I was looking at the red R/T the weekend in March last year when I got my SE in Milwaukee. It finally rolled off the lot around Labor Day with over 100 miles of test drives on it. They can do business anyway they want. Got my daughters 2000 and my 03 Durango there when they had rock bottom pricing. JFF should hire out as a negotiator. LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's pretty darn amazing to me the way these cars are handled by the delivery crews and the dealers. It's like a 50,000.00 dollar car is handled like a used car. Stoned Hemi 6 is right, if you get a car in perfect condition, consider that rare and be happy. I noticed a bunch of stuff on my car with the ripped stripe and clear coat scratches. I thought it was just me being crazy about the car. Each car has something with it. Especially being delivered during the winter. But I wouldn't change a thing, the car rocks!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Yep $ 4.00 a gallon up here in Alaska for 90 octane.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's pretty darn amazing to me the way these cars are handled by the delivery crews and the dealers. It's like a 50,000.00 dollar car is handled like a used car. Stoned Hemi 6 is right, if you get a car in perfect condition, consider that rare and be happy. I noticed a bunch of stuff on my car with the ripped stripe and clear coat scratches. I thought it was just me being crazy about the car. Each car has something with it. Especially being delivered during the winter. But I wouldn't change a thing, the car rocks!

my car is perfect....i do consider myself lucky.....they need to treat these cars like a Vette....its the same price range...instead they treat them like $15k cars or worse...i dont get it......

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
my car is perfect....i do consider myself lucky.....they need to treat these cars like a Vette....its the same price range...instead they treat them like $15k cars or worse...i dont get it......
To most dealers these are just cars or "unts" to be moved. They only mean profits as there is no sentmental attachment to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts