Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just like anyone who likes performance cars; I like to push them to their driving limits, I'd consider it a passion of mine. I've always drove low horsepower cars such as Civics, Camrys, etc. but I still pushed them to their limits. Well now that I've got my hands on a car that is closer matched to my skills, I'm wanting to get a deeper understanding of the science behind it all. I'm a logical and rational person, almost in a Spock-like fashion, but driving on a lone curvy road and taking my car to (and slightly beyond) it's limits is what gets my blood pumping, I'm sure most of you agree with me.

So my question is can someone point me in the direction of where I can get some professional level knowledge or maybe something that would apply to me learning/honing my skills so I can round out my passion more than just being a back road speed demon.

Side note: Just purchased a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Thanks, All!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just like anyone who likes performance cars; I like to push them to their driving limits, I'd consider it a passion of mine. I've always drove low horsepower cars such as Civics, Camrys, etc. but I still pushed them to their limits. Well now that I've got my hands on a car that is closer matched to my skills, I'm wanting to get a deeper understanding of the science behind it all. I'm a logical and rational person, almost in a Spock-like fashion, but driving on a lone curvy road and taking my car to (and slightly beyond) it's limits is what gets my blood pumping, I'm sure most of you agree with me.

So my question is can someone point me in the direction of where I can get some professional level knowledge or maybe something that would apply to me learning/honing my skills so I can round out my passion more than just being a back road speed demon.

Side note: Just purchased a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Thanks, All!

Are you asking for driving lessons? :icon_confused:

If so, here would be a good place to start: https://bondurant.com/challenger-hellcat-high-performance-driving/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looking to get better at being able to come into and out of corners, controlled braking, steering correction, etc - all with a front engine, rear-wheel drive car. I'm stuck at what to do next.

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Was doing some searching and found this website - Seems like it might helpThe best driving guide on the web - Drivingfast.net
That is worth what you’re paying for it, nothing. Go invest in Bondurant, sit in a classroom and then a car with a professional driver and you’ll see what you can really learn and how you’re not nearly as good as you think you are.
You then can join a club and race on a circuit track, extremely spirited driving doesn’t belong on the roads with people just cruising along and minding their own business.

Reactions: MrMac

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Look for your local SCCA chapter and go to an autocross event. People there are always willing to help and will ride with you and give you pointers and you can ride with them to see how to improve. One word of caution though....it's very addicting :D

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: steve37887
1 - 8 of 8 Posts