Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Chrysler switched to the XM technology from Sirius for 2015. Different satellites. Sirius has better coverage but overall poorer sound quality.

On satellite radio I've found the sound quality also has a lot to do with the channel as well. The channel Prime Country seems to be one of the channels that has better sound quality than some of the others. ( now when I say better sounding I'm talking only about the frequency response, not the style of music ). I also like to listen to The Message channel but many of the songs they play sound more compressed. They have compressed the audio on the traffic/weather channels so much that the voices almost sound electronic. I know it's only for voice but I think they have compressed it a little too much. I had a portable aftermarket Sirius radio on my Harley when Sirius and XM were different companies and I use to listen to the weather/traffic channels when I rode but when I installed the Harley XM radio the channels were so compressed that with the wind noise I could no longer understand what they were saying because all the high frequencies had been eliminated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
A Guy,

Is that a video you posted? It looks like one but I can't get it to play.

Address if you want, no big deal ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTrsJV9aPg4

A Guy

Reactions: gearset807

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first Satellite radio was a unit you could take from car to car and it would lose signal what looked like for no reason or it would drop out if you went under a bridge or under a tree but usually when you are out in the middle of nowhere. Once in a great while it would drop out in the open. The one in my last car never dropped out unless I went under a bridge out in the boonies. The one in my Challenger seems to drop out more often. Must be normal since you guys are having the same experience. They must have put a weaker receiver or antenna in the 2015/2016 Challenger.

There is allot of talk about loosing reception, but does anyone know how to fix it?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts