Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The additional care requirements for the Satin Black paint and vinyl wraps on T/As and other Challengers has been clearly communicated on this site. What I haven't seen, is any discussion on the care of Satin Black wheels.

Do they require the same special cleaners (Dr. Beasley?) as the paint? Something different? Will a touchless wash harm them in anyway.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a black aftermarket wheel, and the Satin Black looks awesome on other cars, and would be awesome on my black R/T, but, since my R/T is my daily commuter (March - November), It gets a touchless nearly every week, and I wipe the wheels and tires down a couple times a month, with tradional wheel/tire treatments. If there's anything about Satin Black wheels that would make them not conducive to my daily driving/weekly cleaning methods, I'll go with the gloss black instead.

What's the cleaning regimen on Black Satin Wheels?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Black satin painted, black satin clear coated, black satin powder coated? Need the guys with the satin hellcat wheel to answer. Pretty sure something like Sonax Full Effect is safe for cleaning. Unsure about any finishing products.

A Guy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Black satin painted, black satin clear coated, black satin powder coated? Need the guys with the satin hellcat wheel to answer. Pretty sure something like Sonax Full Effect is safe for cleaning. Unsure about any finishing products.

A Guy
I have satin black Hellcat Wheels on my 2018 Challenger scatpack. Dynamics package. Anyway, a lot tougher material than the vinyl on cars. The wheels just need a soft cloth to wipe off, I take it through a touchless car wash and they look great. They are definitely worth it. Relatively normal maintenance compared to any other wheel that you would want to keep nice. Order your wheels and you will be glad.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
The additional care requirements for the Satin Black paint and vinyl wraps on T/As and other Challengers has been clearly communicated on this site. What I haven't seen, is any discussion on the care of Satin Black wheels.

Do they require the same special cleaners (Dr. Beasley?) as the paint? Something different? Will a touchless wash harm them in anyway.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a black aftermarket wheel, and the Satin Black looks awesome on other cars, and would be awesome on my black R/T, but, since my R/T is my daily commuter (March - November), It gets a touchless nearly every week, and I wipe the wheels and tires down a couple times a month, with tradional wheel/tire treatments. If there's anything about Satin Black wheels that would make them not conducive to my daily driving/weekly cleaning methods, I'll go with the gloss black instead.

What's the cleaning regimen on Black Satin Wheels?
I just had my stock wheels powder-coated for something like a hundred bucks. Love them and so far no issues at all. Simple wipe down. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have satin black Hellcat Wheels on my 2018 Challenger scatpack. Dynamics package. Anyway, a lot tougher material than the vinyl on cars. The wheels just need a soft cloth to wipe off, I take it through a touchless car wash and they look great. They are definitely worth it. Relatively normal maintenance compared to any other wheel that you would want to keep nice. Order your wheels and you will be glad.

These are my satin black wheels and my satin black drag wheels

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I have Demon reps on my SP-Satin Black, all I do is wash them gently and wipe dry.

Must add that the car is a "garage queen" and is not driven daily, but I also have satin black wheels on my Ram 1500 4x4 and no issues, just don't use any harsh cleaners.

my .02 for what it's worth...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts