Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much a vinyl Satin black wrap would cost? And opinions on how this would turn out? Also if anyone has pics of this plz throw them up :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with the matte black. Might be easier to buy another hood and paint it black with a flatening additive, especially if you want to add hood pins, you won't have to drill into that nice new hood. That way, you can take off the original hood, wrap it up and save it. Just thinking of resale value.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
to CT, you are welcome, yeeeees, hmmmmmm :bigthumb:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would like to know the cost to get just the hood wrapped in flat black.
If your just wanting to do a hood i'd invest in a much cheaper route then getting it wrapped. PlastiDip Specialty Protective Coatings & Adhesives, Protective Foam Coatings, Dissipative Coatings I've used this on multiple cars as well as computers to ipods anything you want with a protective coating and best part is if you don't like it you can peel it right off w/o harming the paint below. Here I painted my buddies SRT Caliber front grill and fog lights. I also have a couple pictures of his GMC sitting next too it that we sprayed the chrome front bumpers to matt black if you would like see some those I can put those up too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If your just wanting to do a hood i'd invest in a much cheaper route then getting it wrapped. PlastiDip Specialty Protective Coatings & Adhesives, Protective Foam Coatings, Dissipative Coatings I've used this on multiple cars as well as computers to ipods anything you want with a protective coating and best part is if you don't like it you can peel it right off w/o harming the paint below. Here I painted my buddies SRT Caliber front grill and fog lights. I also have a couple pictures of his GMC sitting next too it that we sprayed the chrome front bumpers to matt black if you would like see some those I can put those up too.

Can you please post more pics.
Would you recommend it for doing the whole car???

·
Registered
664 Posts
Can you please post more pics.
Would you recommend it for doing the whole car???
Here is his truck we did as well

I dunno if I could recommend doing a whole car as I have not done it yet... It could be quite possible too! The best thing you could do is call and ask the co. directly. Or you could try it on a DD grocery getter beater and see how it goes, but I know from my experiences i've had no problems with putting this on.

I've seen quite a few people do them on their rims as well so possibilities are endless I don't see why you couldn't do the whole car, hood, fender, bumper rims, at a much cheaper route. $400 dollars for a hood wrap yikes might as well just buy a new black hood for that price.

Before-

Grill Painted-

Whole thing-

Another shot-

·
Registered
27 Posts
that looks good but is it durable? I painted my exhaust tips black with matte black duplicolor high heat engine paint and it kinda flaking a little bit even tho i prepped and primed

·
Registered
289 Posts
Paint

I just went with paint and a matt clear coat..

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
that looks good but is it durable? I painted my exhaust tips black with matte black duplicolor high heat engine paint and it kinda flaking a little bit even tho i prepped and primed
Yes it is durable, Granted it is like a "wrap" in a sense its a protective coating so it will im sure after 5 years or so if a DD show signs of wear... Even then all you have too do is peel it off and clean up the area that was plastidip'd and re apply. Much MUCH cheaper alternative than getting your car wrapped. ( Not that getting a car wrapped is taboo, I just don't have the funds for such and found an alternative that looks just as good and functions as a protective coating so +1 :bigthumb: )

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
You did a good job for your friend.

That matte black challenger is sick! I wonder how maintenance is? I saw a Magnum done up that way and the owner told me it was a lot of work.

HemiSam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts