Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 32,000 miles, my OEM Brembos still had about 50% left, with even wear and no scoring on the rotors. I was really getting tired of cleaning off brake dust constantly, and the rears had developed an annoying squeal at low speed braking (my guess from doing burnouts at the Mopar Nationals, since the squeal appeared during that trip). I went with Satisfied Pro Ceramic pads for the SRT, about $150 (including shipping) for the set. Very reasonable.

My bud Scott put them on for me (YEAH Harris Automotive!!), warning me about being careful to let the brakes self adjust and being sure to do the bed in procedure. And he warned about them squealing for a time until they bedded in.

First, Scott had no problem putting them on, so it's something you can tackle on your own if you've done this before, or have somebody whose done it give you a hand.

Second, there was zero issues with braking force immediately after install. I had good braking immediately that became excellent within the first few applicationd of braking.

Third, the bed in procedure was easy, and I had absolutely no squealing from the pads, and haven't had any crop up in the month I've been driving on them.

And last, they feel really good, I think better than the OEMS. I cleaned the wheels as Scott did each brake and they look pretty much the same as when I cleaned them, especially the fronts. Wow, I really like these pads!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for the report Donny. That is something to keep in mind when brakes are needed to be replaced. Hope all is well up there in B'ham.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Glad you like them i considered changing to them then I spoke to some race car drivers at a car show and they all convinced me to stay with the brembo pads as these brakes are some of the best on any production car ever made and no ceramic pad can hold a candle to them especially when hot. Any ceramic pad will experience drastic fade compared to the brembo pads. So I am resigned to cleaning my wheels because when you go fast you need to be able to stop fast.
Oh by the way the ceramic pads dust as well but the dust is clear like diamond dust.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Glad you are liking them, IMO they are the best bang for a buck if you are looking for a dust free pad, we sell a ton of them, and you can't beat them for the price!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I put the Satisfied Pro pads on my R/T Charger. They replaced Red Stuff pads, which were nasty as far as brake dust. I don't track my car, so I'm not too concerned with brake fade. So far, the SP pads have performed well and have done a much better job of keeping my wheels clean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just ordered a set for our new FF Classic R/T. Figured I would put on the Eibach springs and ceramic brake pads at the same time. Might as well start out right.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I put the Satisfied Pro Ceramics on mt R/T and They're Great! Stopping feels about the same as OEM, but my wheels always look clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts