Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
2010 challenger srt9 6.1 hemi, sirius sat nav double head unit.
That symptom is often a sign of the failed HDD - its stuck on the splash screen.

There are places that you can find online to ship your HU to and they can repair it with OEM parts.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would just pull the unit for an updated newer headunit with much more features. I use a newer kenwood double din carplay/Android Auto unit and love it. Then to wire to the oem system I use the Idatalink maestro rr module with the CH1 harness. It allows all are oem functions to be retained like steering wheel controls, SAT radio,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would just pull the unit for an updated newer headunit with much more features. I use a newer kenwood double din carplay/Android Auto unit and love it. Then to wire to the oem system I use the Idatalink maestro rr module with the CH1 harness. It allows all are oem functions to be retained like steering wheel controls, SAT radio,

I just got my 2010 FF SRT8 delivered - ONLY 8 MILES ON IT!!

Would you mind sharing what models/sites for those parts? I'm debating now on a lockpick v.5 plus a rear camera or a whole new head unit.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts

Would you mind sharing what models/sites for those parts? I'm debating now on a lockpick v.5 plus a rear camera or a whole new head unit.
There's companies that can replace the HDD in your OEM unit.

M & R Auto Electronics [in Michigan] is one I'm familiar with. They service / repair OEM radios for GM / Ford / Chrysler

You pack up and ship your unit to them, turn around is roughly 1-2 days for the repair

·
Registered
442 Posts

With the headunit, depends on what features you want and your total budget. This unit I have is around $700-$750. My model is Kenwood DDX9705s dvd/cd double Din unit. But it has pretty much everything but a standalone gps. Which is not needed since smartphone navigation is always up to date. Unlike stand alone units, they need updating of maps with road changes and new developments every few years. if you use your phone navigation, then these units are great to use carplay or Android Auto maps. They have this version without dvd/cd if you don’t need that also. They call them media receiver. They are around $550-$650.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There's companies that can replace the HDD in your OEM unit.

M & R Auto Electronics [in Michigan] is one I'm familiar with. They service / repair OEM radios for GM / Ford / Chrysler

You pack up and ship your unit to them, turn around is roughly 1-2 days for the repair

Good to know thanks, will keep this in mind when people ask me about repairing their oem units. Some people that want to keep the oem units in 09-14 cars this option would be good for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts