Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saved money for 5 years to get my 2013 challenger. I love the size of my challenger ! I gave my son my 1990 corvette convertible after his third combat tour. I felt he deserved it. I fell in love with the challenger all over again in 2008. But I didn't have the room in the garage or the finances at the time. So I saved for 5 years and then found the one I wanted 500 miles away. Had the local dealer get it for me. I bought it 4/15/2013. Yep the government got their money and I got my challenger !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
I saved money for 5 years to get my 2013 challenger. I love the size of my challenger ! I gave my son my 1990 corvette convertible after his third combat tour. I felt he deserved it. I fell in love with the challenger all over again in 2008. But I didn't have the room in the garage or the finances at the time. So I saved for 5 years and then found the one I wanted 500 miles away. Had the local dealer get it for me. I bought it 4/15/2013. Yep the government got their money and I got my challenger !!
Beautiful car, good luck with it. Your son definitely deserves that Vette. Thank him for his service.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nice car, I see that you got the anti-gravity option, nice how it hangs there so well.

It's funny to see your post today. I drove my Challenger to work today and was thinking about Dodge sales and some of the newbie posts here, and wondering if most new buyers are not really that familiar with the car and the Challenger tradition, and maybe not that familiar with shifting and driving a real muscle car. I first figured most people who loved the car like I did have found a way to buy theirs a few years ago, one way or another. But then I realized I barely could afford mine back in 2011 with my other priorities, probably shouldn't have at the time, then I pictured all the people calming biding their time until they could achieve their dream of owning the challenger. How many other old-style, retro MOPAR nuts are out their saving and planning like I did for 2 years, until they finally achieve the car that they want and need. Frankly, I often plan a little and obtain first, then figure out how to make it work afterwards, but God bless those that do it the other way around and achieve their dream car. I hope the car is everything you were hoping it to be, and that it gives you a smile every day when you get in it, or look at it.

Your son DEFINITELY deserves that nice Vette. Three combat tours, tell him that I thank him for his service, times three, and thanks to you and your family for supporting him. It is kids like that who keep this country strong, and on the righteous path.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to ChallengerTalk!
That's a very nice Challenger you got there, definitely worth the 5 year save!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
ragtop4spt6spd outstanding write up!!!

You are 100% in your write up! All I know is that the challenger is one hell of a nice car and I just love mine and I hope that other appreciate theirs as most of us should. I have a lot of respect for mine and any other SRT Challenger that I see out on the road and on this forum!

David

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all y'all support for my son !!! Yeah I bought the CAI from Luke before I even bought the car. Luke at (Steve White) was not sure about selling it to me with out me owning the challenger with the T/A hood. But I explained to him, I didn't want a big hood armament that didn't function. So thank you Luke !! He is a great guy ! I have all the options but the 730, radar red, and the sunroof. I have read that with the added mods I should be at 600 hp ! LMAO ! I don't drive fast because I won't people to enjoy what I have saved 5 years for ! I just added the old school louvers and white letter tires. And YES I LOVE it !! My grand daughter asked me when I saw her if is was a corvette like her daddy's or a race car. Guess what I told her ? It is a race car !! LOL

·
Registered
627 Posts
Congrats man nice ride

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Thanks for all y'all support for my son !!! Yeah I bought the CAI from Luke before I even bought the car. Luke at (Steve White) was not sure about selling it to me with out me owning the challenger with the T/A hood. But I explained to him, I didn't want a big hood armament that didn't function. So thank you Luke !! He is a great guy ! I have all the options but the 730, radar red, and the sunroof. I have read that with the added mods I should be at 600 hp ! LMAO ! I don't drive fast because I won't people to enjoy what I have saved 5 years for ! I just added the old school louvers and white letter tires. And YES I LOVE it !! My grand daughter asked me when I saw her if is was a corvette like her daddy's or a race car. Guess what I told her ? It is a race car !! LOL
Ok, I'll ask because a lot of us will want to know. How did you get white letter tires, purchase, paint, or some other method? Thanks, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from OK.....and congrats on the car, and I'm sure after watching, looking, and waiting, for 5 years it is even more enjoyable every time you get behind the wheel.

p.s. A thank you to your son for his service.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Not for nothing but that Vette Is clean .... but you will love the Challenger ... its just different ... and as for your son and every other Military personnel they deserve more than a Vette ..... but a Vette for him will do ... its more then the rest will get ... and good on you for giving it to him... congrats on your new ride

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
YES I love my Challenger ! It might not be the faster or the bell of the ball to people in the outside challenger world. But I don't care what they say or think ! She is my baby and to me she is BBF (big, beautiful, and fast) !

I don't know all the rules, ok I really don't know any of the rules here on CT. So if I get in trouble for mentioning a vender I am sorry in advance. The white letters are glue on. They can make white letters for any tire. I cleaned the tires with that green car wash degreaser (friend owns a car wash so he gave me some) then used rubbing alcohol to make sure they were clean. Then glued then on. Took about 3-4 hours. Only because I took my time. Every one seems to like them. Even up close they look like raised white letters. The venders name is tredwearletters.com. It was around $25 a tire. But to me it was worth it. And your right that our fellow men an our sons deserve more then a vette for serving our country and protecting our freedom ! There is nothing I wouldn't do for my son and his family. Thank you all for your thoughts for my son ! It is greatly appreciated from him and myself.
P.S. I am sorry for the picture being upside down again. I tried to put it right side up but I am not that computer smart.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
22 Participants
ken kamins
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing