Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local dealership today and saw the Newest 2011 Charger SE.
It was a V6 and the Msrp was $30,500 in Red/
To me the exterior rear lights are the best thing about the car.
The Hood did nothing for me
The Nose or Grill looks ugly
And those doors yukkkkkk along with the color Red
The auto trans kinda looks cheap,nottt like our Challenger 6 speeds.
I really don't think this car will be a big seller by looking at it...................JQ

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I was at my local dealership today and saw the Newest 2011 Charger SE.
It was a V6 and the Msrp was $30,500 in Red/
To me the exterior rear lights are the best thing about the car.
The Hood did nothing for me
The Nose or Grill looks ugly
And those doors yukkkkkk along with the color Red
The auto trans kinda looks cheap,nottt like our Challenger 6 speeds.
I really don't think this car will be a big seller by looking at it...................JQ
Two weeks ago we saw a red Charger Rallye and it was just over 30k too.
Rear tail lights are great.
Hood, OK
Nose... overstyled.. grill... about the same as the past gen model... ok...
Side profile... a tad over styled...
Red... Loved it on the Charger.
Interior was a huge improvement and loved it.
If gas prices don't continue to rise I think it will be a decent seller with the all new interior.

The wife wants one......

She wants to test drive one this weekend... I don't want to be tempted.

·
Banned
863 Posts
The interior is so much better than the old ones. It makes the previous years look cheap. Other than that, since they put the Charger name on a four door, I never cared for the thing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If it's anything like the older versions, you'll see alot of them around.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The interior is so much better than the old ones. It makes the previous years look cheap. Other than that, since they put the Charger name on a four door, I never cared for the thing.

The interior looks ok
But when I buy a car the exterior is the key thing and not the interior............JQ

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well according to Allpar.com they sold 3,263 of them in Feb alone. I would have to think thats mostly all 2011's as the supply of leftover 2010's would be mostly gone by Feb. Total Charger sales as of Feb 28th were 5,325. I'm sure there were some leftover sales included from Jan. Considering Feb is a short month and in the middle of winter in most of the country I think they will sell just fine. I could see sales around 100,000 units with the new Charger for 2011. You got to remember that they'll also be pumping base cars into rental fleets all over and I think with the Ford Crown Vic going out of production this year, that leaves the Charger as the only real rear wheel drive cop car out there and the popo loves rear wheel drive. Definately going to pick up a tremendous amount of sales to the police. Overall a very cool looking sedan that will sure stick out in a crowd, and as an owner of a 69 Charger R/T I can truly say I'm proud to see the Charger name on the 2011 car!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Next model year (so in like what, 3 weeks? ;-) ) They V6 will have the 8 speed auto and 30mpg.

This and the new 300 will sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I saw one at the mall the other day from the rear from a distance. Immediately knew what it was from the taillights. Really wished they would have kept the concept taillights for the Challenger as now I have Charger ass envy!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I saw an R/T at the dealer. Live and up close I really liked it. Compared to a Ford Fusion or Toyota (any Toyota) or Malibu...are you kidding me? It rocks. For the money on a 4-door you can't beat it for looks or power. Next year it gets the 8-spd slush box and I hear they are going to have a true manual trans option.

The days of Dodge apologizing are over. It is in-your-face from here on out. I also sense a 426 option before the ridiculous 2016 CAFE standards hit. F-U to the P-C crowd. Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
JQ when are you pulling the trigger on the 2011 SRT Challenger?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I agree Brampton Builder. The new Charger and the coming 300 are very competitive products and very good overall. My wife is still bugging me to do the Chrysler Spin and Win and test drive the red SE Rallye they have. The only thing that may hurt sales this time is if gasoline continues to rise in the Summer driving months.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JQ when are you pulling the trigger on the 2011 SRT Challenger?

BW I am like you
When gas prices hit $6-$7 soon we will be able to get the car at a fire sale rate....Cash Talks lol.As of now I am in no rush I can wait atads for the deals to start rolling in.(Challenger Just turned 16,000 miles}.........................JQ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts