Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving down Beverly Ave leaving Hollywood tonight I came up on a black Challenger with an SRT spoiler. I noticed something on his roof, so at the next light I pulled up alongside to let him know in case it shouldn't be there. Turns out it was wiring and harnesses for cameras and audio. I asked if he was using it for production filming. He said it was for recording data for suspension designs that the company he worked for was making. I said the new 392 suspension was great, but if I was ever ready for aftermarket I'd look them up. He said it wasn't aftermarket, they provide the suspensions for the Dodge factory line. He said they were working on adjustable shock similar to the European market where they have different settings available to the driver on the fly. I noticed his car didn't have any markings so I asked what model it was....he said 2013. I laughed and asked what engine was in it. He chuckled and just said "Hemi". I asked if it was a 426. He said no. We chatted for a few more lights, then had to go different directions so we waved goodbye. Nice guy.

I tried to get a look at the trim, but I suspect it was not dressed up as I didn't notice anything different about it. I forgot to look at the wheels too, doh! Probably had zero cosmetics. Exhaust sounded like a 392, not that I'm an expert at listening to engines. Probably the only thing 2013 about it was the suspension in progress, but it was still kinda cool...if it was true. Seemed like it at the time.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that suspension is already available on the 2012
Cool. Could be a next version or different options from 2012 I suppose.

Kewl discovery. :thumbsup:

Maybe something along the lines of Sport Mode (tighter) and Comfort Mode (softer).
That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'd vote for that kinda data research.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guy was lying a bit I'm sure. Kool story though.

I wondered too, but he really seemed legit when I was talking to him. Hard to tell...it is LA after all...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Had one of those in my last sports car, all it wound up being is trouble. Wanted to keep my car original or I would have took it out and put in "real" shocks.

Hopefully its progressed in the last two of decades. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.