Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....and its perfect. Wouldnt change a thing. The camaro on the other hand was way to unrealistic and too much "show car only" That, and the rear window is bigger than a 66 Barracudas. Challenger was by far the best car at the show

·
Registered
598 Posts
TurboAWD said:
.....and its perfect. Wouldnt change a thing. The camaro on the other hand was way to unrealistic and too much "show car only" That, and the rear window is bigger than a 66 Barracudas. Challenger was by far the best car at the show
I also agree that the challenger was best at show for muscle cars.....the camaro rear end was really hurtin' to me in person....and just know,if gm was going to make that car....it wouldn't look anything like the concept....while the challenger is ready to go as is.....;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was wondering if you could clarify. Based on your observations does this car "feel" like a muscle car, meaning does it have a fairly short and squat appearance or does it feel like a oversized luxury car reskinned as a muscle car. Try to strip away the lights and excitement and describe the car as you'd see it on the road. The reason I ask is I pulled up to a 300C (also an LX platform car) driving home the other night and oh-my-god it was a tank. I'm not sure 4 inches chopped out would alter my opinion much either. The pictures I've seen have been inconclusive since they rarely have any context other than showing the car (which all would agree is gorgeous). Thanks.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mike Penner said:
I was wondering if you could clarify. Based on your observations does this car "feel" like a muscle car, meaning does it have a fairly short and squat appearance or does it feel like a oversized luxury car reskinned as a muscle car. Try to strip away the lights and excitement and describe the car as you'd see it on the road. The reason I ask is I pulled up to a 300C (also an LX platform car) driving home the other night and oh-my-god it was a tank. I'm not sure 4 inches chopped out would alter my opinion much either. The pictures I've seen have been inconclusive since they rarely have any context other than showing the car (which all would agree is gorgeous). Thanks.
Mike- If you look at the new Challenger in person, and compare it to the 300/Charger, you would not know that they were built on the same body. The 300 is boxy, the Challenger isn't. It is sleek and clean. Stunning would be a good adjective to describe it.

It is not a small car but the designers did a great job of making the hood look long. I certainly would not call it squatty. Try to see it in person before you make any hard core decisions on the look.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mike Penner said:
You'll know when all you see is my tailights.:p ....but to answer your question...yes, its a true bonifide real 2 dr. muscle car that looks even more awesome in person....and improved on,IMO....in everyway of the original......now I just can't wait to get 'er home.;) :D :cool: There was a 70 challenger sittin' for awhile,next to the new one,when I was at show...and to be honest with you...the new one made the old one look not as fierce....new one having a more meaner wider stance, and bigger rubber on it...and overall length looked very similar....just as I have said earlier though that,....the new looking alot more tighter,meaner,more bold,wider looking stance than the original.;) :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks guys. You've really put my mind at ease. Maybe I'll take a trip to San Francisco if it swings by the bay area on a tour. Great job DCX.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a legit musclecar, the real deal. And for a FACT its only 6" longer and 2" wider than an original. Its perfect, it'll blow your mind when you see it; trust me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There were plenty of "boxy muscle cars". The Road Runner and Charger were both very square, but very successful. I would really like to see them drop some weight off of the Challenger though. It's way to heavy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Inside word is DCX is going to make it look even meaner...more aggressive. That sounds to me like the R/T will have the 6.1L and the SRT will have the 6.4L. I'm thinking AAR style with squat fender flares. Using the LY platform may push it to 08 (ie. available mid-07) and under 4000lbs. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
89 Posts
sorbs, i hope this is the case. do you have an inside source or is this just conjecture? after all, even meaner?? holy balls. i'm definately gonna be holding out until that 392 makes its way into the car, mated to a 6 speed. hopefully they don't go overboard with the idiotic bulges and curves that inflict todays cars and will keep their mods strictly "old skool" in spirit and form. For god's sake get castiglione involved with any changes since he clearly knows what the hell he's doing. we have real reason to be optimistic considering how hard they nailed this things hide to the wall.

i'd like to encourage them to take the time they need to keep the weight down and proportions correct. we've waited 35 years, i can wait one more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ya i am holding out for the 392, i have waited ever since i was 14 for the chrysler group to produce a rear drive sports car again, didn't have time to rebuild a roadrunner or cuda and I didn't have the money to go buy a good one so I have been playing with my truck and the turbo front drive stuff, i am 22 now and can't wait. I also can't wait to see how bad the insurance companies rape me on insurance for a 500 horsepower rear drive two door, but hey I have been good for a while and am willing to pay the price for owning this beast. I already have the money transfered into my car savings account. Lets get the ball rolling dodge.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah you can expect to get reamed. I'm pushing 36 and did an insurance check with state farm (not the cheapest insurance) and it came back $1300 per year, using an SRT-8 Charger baseline. That stuns me since I was expecting like $2000-2500. Clearly I'm still stuck in my early 20s.:D

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive been driving a Turbo AWD 5-spd 2dr black coupe for 3 years. Iam 25 now, 100000% clean drivers abstract and my insurance has dropped from 230.00 a month to 94.00. By the time the Challenger gets here It'll be even cheaper..and the car will be attainable. Like they say "if you cant afford the insurance, you probably shouldnt be driving it"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts