Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thing today and it got my gears going. I don't know if it's for sale or just sitting the the yard with other cars but I like it.

Would be a fun project getting this baby rebuilt and running.

·
Registered
260 Posts
By the looks of the rear bumper guard, it is a 73. 74 bumper guards are even bigger.
I would start with a 340 car instead unless you can get it cheap. Looks like a lot of work and $.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Project of love only. Meaning the cost to restore that car will most likely be more than it is worth when it is finished. 1973/74 cars do not command the price 1970/71 cars do.

I would buy it and fix it up as a nice driver. Save that car for sure. Just don't expect to make any money off it.

If you need any advise, let me know. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
More than likely the owner will want some rediculous price for it.It does appear to be fairly complete though.
Hard to say what a fair price would be.Even rusted out hulls are bringing in my opinion, way too much $
I would make sure the frame rails are solid for sure.And it is worth saving.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a 73 year. I got ahold of the guy and the car is running and was taken off the road last year. There is some rust but not too bad. The car runs and starts up according to him. The issue is he wants 4K firm for it. He says he's fine sitting on it.

4K for a running car is not too bad but I just don't have it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Considering what Ebodies of any kind are going for.That's not a bad price for a running complete car.
Bring a stack of less cash.Seeing green may change his mind.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would not give over 1500.00 the cost of parts and to get it to look and drive decent would be way to much. If it were a 340 car maybe more. A 74 with the 360 would be a better deal, last year made, only year for the 360.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You may not give that much.But you must not know what these cars are going for.You'd be lucky to get the complete doors and Glass for 1500.
Even crapped out non running Dusters bring more than that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts