Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see a lot of Challengers around my area. When I do, they're black.

When I left the house around noon, I saw a yellow Scat Pack at the first red light. I've only ever seen one other yellow one and that was a couple years ago.
On the interstate a few minutes later, I saw a Plum Crazy Purple.
A couple of miles later I saw a silver one and close behind was a grey.
Then came a bright red one and 5 minutes later I saw one in a shade of burgundy that I've only ever seen on a Charger once.
On my way back home an hour later I passed a white shaker, only the second shaker I've ever seen.

Of course I'm driving my B5 Blue Scat Pack and I'm sure all those folks were in awe! >:)
In all seriousness, that yellow beast was completely awesome! I would never drive a yellow car myself, but I sure do like to look at it!

I've got nothing better to do right now than this.
It was just interesting to me to see so many varied colors within a short time span.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Cool story. I am so tired of the shades of grey cars on the road. One of my favorite things about the Challenger is its colour spectrum. From white to silver to grey to black is out of my new car buying decisions.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool story. I am so tired of the shades of grey cars on the road. One of my favorite things about the Challenger is its colour spectrum. From white to silver to grey to black is out of my new car buying decisions.
Agreed! That's why I posted about seeing the different colors. I just never see anything but black and grey... mostly black.
I find it interesting that the Challenger is available in the bright, impact colors and so few people drive them.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Of course they loved your B5 who doesn’t like that color?
If mine was a daily driven car I wouldn’t have chosen yellow, B5 wasn’t around in 2012 either. I bought mine as a loud high impact color, it was calling me, lol.

Reactions: MrMac

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live in a small town and there is a Plum Crazy Purple Shaker Scat Pack car as well as my Go Mango T/A 392. Every single time I see him, he does a crazy smoky sideways burnout around a corner. I would love to talk to the guy and make plans to go to a car show together.

The small town I live in is where the supernatural movie, The Conjuring, took place.

I traded in my black Camaro SS for my Chally. Before the Camaro, I had a black Chally. I decided not to be boring this time...although, it is 1/3 black. Baby steps, right?!?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,067 Posts
There's a good array of colors in my home town, I've probably seen pretty much all the colors offered around at one time or another but I'd agree that black does seem to be the most common.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agreed drove my sublime green challenger to Florida from Ohio saw alot of black, white and grey. A few red, mango orange. Did not see one green in our 3400 mile trip. Love to impact colors

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course they loved your B5 who doesn’t like that color?
If mine was a daily driven car I wouldn’t have chosen yellow, B5 wasn’t around in 2012 either. I bought mine as a loud high impact color, it was calling me, lol.
I imagine you get a lot of attention when you drive it. The one I saw yesterday was an eye-popper!

If he's local, I may get a chance to meet up with him and get an up-close look at it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in a small town and there is a Plum Crazy Purple Shaker Scat Pack car as well as my Go Mango T/A 392. Every single time I see him, he does a crazy smoky sideways burnout around a corner. I would love to talk to the guy and make plans to go to a car show together.

The small town I live in is where the supernatural movie, The Conjuring, took place.

I traded in my black Camaro SS for my Chally. Before the Camaro, I had a black Chally. I decided not to be boring this time...although, it is 1/3 black. Baby steps, right?!?
I've only seen one Go Mango, and that was on the dealer's lot when I bought my B5. I strongly considered buying that color but, to me, it looked pretty close to red and I didn't want red.
I can't even imagine owning a black car. My '13 R/T was Jazz Blue and that might as well have been black as far as keeping it clean.

Your "neighbor" in the PCP might have been possessed when they were filming the movie and it makes him drive it like he stole it! >:)

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed drove my sublime green challenger to Florida from Ohio saw alot of black, white and grey. A few red, mango orange. Did not see one green in our 3400 mile trip. Love to impact colors
I've only ever seen one green one in the 5 years I've been driving a Challenger. That was on the interstate going in the opposite direction.

Maybe all the Challengers that live in my area are rentals. Most are black with the dealer stickers still on the back. Most are also dirty. :frown:

There's a couple of white ones living locally that I see occasionally. The only Hellcat that I've ever seen on the road was white and he pulled up beside me at the gas station to compliment me on my B5. I'm sure he did that just so I'd be sure to know he had a Hellcat. :grin2:

As I said earlier, I think it's kind of strange that more Challenger aficionados don't drive the brightly colored ones.

I guess that's a good thing for keeping us "rare".

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
I couldn't drive anything but a High Impact color. I did try to drive a silver SXT for about 6-7 months but it wasn't enough. Here is the first 5 I owned. Of course the rest are High Impact. Like others have said most around here drive black and white and some gray.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't drive anything but a High Impact color. I did try to drive a silver SXT for about 6-7 months but it wasn't enough. Here is the first 5 I owned. Of course the rest are High Impact. Like others have said most around here drive black and white and some gray.
Dang! Bingo! :surprise:

If I were young enough to be buying a lot of cars again, I'd be just like you and drive various colors.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's why I enjoy having a high impact color, Hemi-orange, for my 2009 SRT.

That's one that stands out and gets a lot of attention.
It's a color that I couldn't drive because, in S.C., it would look like I was a Clemson fan, which I'm definitely not.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
A few Challengers pass through my little town.

Friday, a new Indigo Blue came through, Wow, what a nice color. I was looking and grinning at the color so much, I didn't notice if it was an R/T or a Scat Pack, but it sure had a nice growl to it.

My first Challenger was a Detonator Yellow R/TC, and it was indeed a looker. Loved that car.

Now I'm a B5 guy, and I'm loving it too. The B5 takes on so many different shades of blue, and all of them are GOOD :)

Love Impact Colors

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few Challengers pass through my little town.

Friday, a new Indigo Blue came through, Wow, what a nice color. I was looking and grinning at the color so much, I didn't notice if it was an R/T or a Scat Pack, but it sure had a nice growl to it.

My first Challenger was a Detonator Yellow R/TC, and it was indeed a looker. Loved that car.

Now I'm a B5 guy, and I'm loving it too. The B5 takes on so many different shades of blue, and all of them are GOOD :)

Love Impact Colors
Did I read somewhere that Indigo Blue is the same a Jazz Blue?

I really liked my Jazz Blue and the way it looked different in different lighting. What I didn't like about that was that it might as well have been black in the dark.
The B5 still looks great at night and doesn't turn black.

It is interesting, and disappointing, to note that my Jazz Blue got WAY more compliments and started more conversions than the B5. I've never had a single person to comment on the B5 at a gas station or when people walk by in parking lots, etc. That Jazz Blue was an attention magnet. I guess it was flashier because it had silver stripes all the way down the sides. I've considered swapping out the Scat Pack stripe and doing something similar to yours. But, I've had it two years now and I might as well leave it like it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
We are all with in 10 miles of each other ,, go figure small beach town
And did not each before we bought our Challengers
Love our impact color

Attachments

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Did I read somewhere that Indigo Blue is the same a Jazz Blue?

I really liked my Jazz Blue and the way it looked different in different lighting. What I didn't like about that was that it might as well have been black in the dark.
The B5 still looks great at night and doesn't turn black.

It is interesting, and disappointing, to note that my Jazz Blue got WAY more compliments and started more conversions than the B5. I've never had a single person to comment on the B5 at a gas station or when people walk by in parking lots, etc. That Jazz Blue was an attention magnet. I guess it was flashier because it had silver stripes all the way down the sides. I've considered swapping out the Scat Pack stripe and doing something similar to yours. But, I've had it two years now and I might as well leave it like it is.

To my eyes, the Indigo is completely different than the Jazz Blue. Dark, but just really popped when it hit the sun.

No change of color like the Jazz does.

Reactions: MrMac
1 - 20 of 42 Posts