Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my dilemma. I currently have a 2011 IE392 6 speed with 12k miles. It's paid for but I'm itching for more power so I'm thinking about selling it and getting a new Stingray or putting a SC on it. I'd like to hear from guys that have a 392 super charged and what kind if kills they've had. I can afford either one but the vette would be stretching it. I'm thinking I could still get 37-38k for 392. Any input on the SCing would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I bought my s/c my wife asked how much it was. I told her and she asked why I just didn't buy a better car. I told her the SRT was the car i wanted, so now i have the car i want and will be able to run with GTRs, Z06, GT500s and ZL1s, for less then their sticker prices.

Today or tomorrow my maggie should be shipping to me.

Also, good or bad I can load up my wife and my 3 kids in my challenger, vette i couldn't.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ok here is my dilemma. I currently have a 2011 IE392 6 speed with 12k miles. It's paid for but I'm itching for more power so I'm thinking about selling it and getting a new Stingray or putting a SC on it. I'd like to hear from guys that have a 392 super charged and what kind if kills they've had. I can afford either one but the vette would be stretching it. I'm thinking I could still get 37-38k for 392. Any input on the SCing would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I posted the same thing a couple months ago! Lol
I'm still on the fence
I love the new vette but still like the challenger
With what I want to do ( forge the internals of the srt and run a Maggie with 8lbs of boost) it will tough not to just put 13000 down on the new vette instead
Both are great cars I still don't know what to do

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm single and no kids so room
Is not a concern. So I can assume by adding a SC this car will be as fast as the above mentioned cars?? I'm not doubting you as I have no experience with a super charged car. I'm not looking to drag the car but want more 40-120 punch than it has.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm single and no kids so room
Is not a concern. So I can assume by adding a SC this car will be as fast as the above mentioned cars?? I'm not doubting you as I have no experience with a super charged car. I'm not looking to drag the car but want more 40-120 punch than it has.

You will not be able to keep up with a GTR....most GTRs are modded and a supercharger at 6-8lbs is not going to keep up with them. Maybe if you forge your motor and up the boost, yes.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I prefer N/A. A supercharger is cool and all but I love hearing a big motor lope. Were it me, I would do a heads/cam package. Here is a video of a fellow member who put the Comp 274 cam in his 392 though due to him cutting corners, the car is El Broke-o. Listen to the idle though. Makes my man parts all tingley.

http://youtu.be/HzgmluFTEVY

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which car do you like the look s of better? Doesn't seem like that hard of question to answer to me!!

Well that's not as easy to decide because like you all I'm a car guy. I think the Challenger is awesome but getting dated. The Vette is sexy as hell but also has that old dude stigma attached. I think the GTR is one of the best cars out there but I can't afford 100k for a car. So i love a ton of different cars... This would not be a DD as well. The SRT is a weekend only ride. I only put 1500 miles on it last year. Anyone in the Chicago area wanna take me for a ride in thier SCed 392!! :)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I've seen early GTRs in the $50k range all day long

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Stingray Vette hands down!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I prefer N/A. A supercharger is cool and all but I love hearing a big motor lope. Were it me, I would do a heads/cam package. Here is a video of a fellow member who put the Comp 274 cam in his 392 though due to him cutting corners, the car is El Broke-o. Listen to the idle though. Makes my man parts all tingley.

World's first Cammed 392 Hemi Challenger Start up, Idle - YouTube
nick i thought you were moving in the direction of stroker motor and big boost?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yes I am, but the stroker will lope like crazy. Also, I'm going turbo and not SC. I prefer turbos to blowers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You will not be able to keep up with a GTR....most GTRs are modded and a supercharger at 6-8lbs is not going to keep up with them. Maybe if you forge your motor and up the boost, yes.

Well here in El Paso the top dog GTR is a 10.8 car, the rest i think are in reason. There is always a bigger fish, in this game the guy with the most money wins.

My goal is to hang with the mentioned cars, not out right beat.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Not necessarily. The fact that Nissan continually refined the car from year to year since it's release had also attributed to the drop in the car's resale value.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Well this is EASY to answer...

"I think the Challenger is awesome but getting dated. The Vette is sexy as hell but also has that old dude stigma attached."
The Challenger is "DATED LOOKING FOR A REASON." It is SUPPOSED to look like an OLD design. Don't get one. Chevy re-designed the "Vette" to get away from the "old man image." Don't get one either....it will always have that stigma. Get a 5.0 Stang....the new 14 "MODERN" looking one. They were designed to capture a new generation of Mustang buyers. Ford is not dumb. I like them, but they are not for me.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Challenger is "DATED LOOKING FOR A REASON." It is SUPPOSED to look like an OLD design. Don't get one. Chevy re-designed the "Vette" to get away from the "old man image." Don't get one either....it will always have that stigma. Get a 5.0 Stang....the new 14 "MODERN" looking one. They were designed to capture a new generation of Mustang buyers. Ford is not dumb. I like them, but they are not for me.

Surely you jest? Why would I want a car that is slower than mine already. I'm looking for a car substantially faster thus the SCer or vette. At a minimum I'd do the GT500 but I can't stand the looks of the mustang. I guess I was looking for some real word experience from 392 owners as to what you might have raced and beat. Trying to get an idea just how fast my car would be with let's say a KB on it or Maggie.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Perhaps you need another type of car...

Surely you jest? Why would I want a car that is slower than mine already. I'm looking for a car substantially faster thus the SCer or vette. At a minimum I'd do the GT500 but I can't stand the looks of the mustang. I guess I was looking for some real word experience from 392 owners as to what you might have raced and beat. Trying to get an idea just how fast my car would be with let's say a KB on it or Maggie.

These Challengers weigh 4150 lbs. You can make them fast. Why bother spending $$$ when you think they look "dated?" You said they look "dated." WE LIKE the way they look. That is why we bought them.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These Challengers weigh 4150 lbs. You can make them fast. Why bother spending $$$ when you think they look "dated?." You said they look "dated." WE LIKE the way they look. That is why we bought them.

Never once said I didn't like the way it looks. A 1970 Hemi Cuda looks dated but it's a beautiful car. I love my Challenger but I also don't look through rose colored glasses like some owners. I know there are better options out there. In the end it's my decision but once again for the third time I've never been in a car that was super charged so it's all very very new to me. Challenger is the fastest car I own and besides my boosted F1100 turbo sled it's the fastest thing I've driven. But I want more plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts