Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do not buy from fellow Canadian : Lance Latrullo/Airflow Innovations.

Formerly a vendor here & on "Z" and maker of the infamous Aria intake.

He has managed to scam numerous Chally owners both in the US & Canada by taking our $$$ then claiming insolvency & not delivering
Paid-for Merchandise....I'm out a Predator U7135 because of this
criminal....:disgust:

linkys : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f59/aria-intake-waiting-48654/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/has-airflow-innovations-gone-out-business-48309/

Cant post the Z forum thread...

buyer Beware...! :icon_evil:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That sucks, any recourse on getting your money back via credit card charge back or other? Dishonest people are the worst, sometimes these companies know they're headed for insolvency and continue to take peoples money anyway before they make an exit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would like to make my position very clear here, since a link to my thread was used in this post.

I am not claiming that Lance/Airflow Innovations is a scammer or a thief.

Yes, I am upset, frustrated and angry at the fact that I am still waiting for my items ordered.
I have been in contact with Lance over the past few days ....
I am currently trying to decide if I am going to ask for a refund, or give them one last chance to get my order to me. (no opionions on this matter, please)

Until I have a result from what ever I decide to do, my position is simply ... furstrated and pissed.

·
Registered
711 Posts
sorry to hear the bad luck guys, I don't know the company that well, as I have a 3.5 and those companies that don't include or tailor to V6 owners I usually don't take a stake in.

Orange - if I can weigh in on this, personally I would ask for my money back, not for January, but now or within 72 hours. why add more stress over a product that frankly may not even get produced.

the BBB here in Canada is useless, I filed my complaint against both my purchasing dealer and the Chrysler Canada with my 09' issue, and BBB advised the claims wouldn't go further or there was little they could do. So personally it is a waste of an hour to file online, and wait for an email follow up.

I know payment methods vary, but as much as I cringe using them, paypal is a buyer protected site which is comforting and recourse is always nice through CC companies.

as for the earlier comment about being overpriced, well I'm sure we all have purchased something of extreme value at 1 point or another, but to every person value holds a different meaning. I think the intakes look nice, they are hand build which is cool, so the quality there is worth the $$, as others have expressed, the $$ isn't there to them.

All in all it is a product you felt worthy to buy, it's too bad you have to endure this stress for it.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
283 Posts
sorry to hear the bad luck guys, I don't know the company that well, as I have a 3.5 and those companies that don't include or tailor to V6 owners I usually don't take a stake in.

Orange - if I can weigh in on this, personally I would ask for my money back, not for January, but now or within 72 hours. why add more stress over a product that frankly may not even get produced.

the BBB here in Canada is useless, I filed my complaint against both my purchasing dealer and the Chrysler Canada with my 09' issue, and BBB advised the claims wouldn't go further or there was little they could do. So personally it is a waste of an hour to file online, and wait for an email follow up.

I know payment methods vary, but as much as I cringe using them, paypal is a buyer protected site which is comforting and recourse is always nice through CC companies.

as for the earlier comment about being overpriced, well I'm sure we all have purchased something of extreme value at 1 point or another, but to every person value holds a different meaning. I think the intakes look nice, they are hand build which is cool, so the quality there is worth the $$, as others have expressed, the $$ isn't there to them.

All in all it is a product you felt worthy to buy, it's too bad you have to endure this stress for it.

just my 2 cents
Despite my "no opions please" plea ...
OK fine, I will enduldge

Whether or not the BBB is useless in resovling an issue or not, a filed complaint is kept on record, resolved or not. Had a seen a complaint on the BBB site, it would have made me think twice about ordering from this company.

Paypal - I used and they are USELESS for protecting me. Filed with them and receievd a notice stating they cannot dispute my issue. Called them, and I was told I only have 45 days to file a dispute, period. I'd have been better off paying with my credit card!

As far a price, I am not sure what others are looking at for intakes, but I just went out and looked around today, and not including the parts needed to install (hoses, etc) to work with my catch can, and the shipping, I do not see a big difference in cost.

I personally know people who have these intakes in the car, never had an issue and LOVE them. Never had a reason to think twice about this purchase.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I admire your patience OC; but your naivete in waiting
9 months for an intake and then accept more stalling BS from
this ex-vendor is ludicrous.

We should've just given him an interest free loan for him to
take our money, not give us the paid for merchandise, then
act all butt hurt when we trash his inability to deliver. That's
all we need right now, a thin skinned grifter...

Give us our goods or return our money, then we can reconsider
our negative comments.

I would like to make my position very clear here, since a link to my thread was used in this post.

I am not claiming that Lance/Airflow Innovations is not a scammer or a thief.

Yes, I am upset, frustrated and angry at the fact that I am still waiting for my items ordered.
I have been in contact with Lance over the past few days ....
I am currently trying to decide if I am going to ask for a refund, or give them one last chance to get my order to me. (no opionions on this matter, please)

Until I have a result from what ever I decide to do, my position is simply ... frustrated and pissed.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Well, if it's taken 9 months it's pretty obvious he's not giving crap to you, I'm amazed your still listening to him that's almost a friggin year.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yeah I was looking into them in april and may and seems like they had fallen off the planet by June

·
Registered
283 Posts
I admire your attitude and patience OC. I hope you get your part or money back soon.
Thank you! You are one of FEW who haven't made me feel like an idiot regarding this issue.

Just so everyone knows, I've heard from someone who claims to be a supplier for the ARIA parts, etc. and apparently there are SEVERAL "tubes sitting on the shelf collecting dust" and have been for some time now.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB (regardless of what you all think of them) and am asking for my money back.
NO THANKS to PAYPAL!
My bank is stepping in and assiting with this one.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Thank you! You are one of FEW who haven't made me feel like an idiot regarding this issue.

Just so everyone knows, I've heard from someone who claims to be a supplier for the ARIA parts, etc. and apparently there are SEVERAL "tubes sitting on the shelf collecting dust" and have been for some time now.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB (regardless of what you all think of them) and am asking for my money back.
NO THANKS to PAYPAL!
My bank is stepping in and assiting with this one.
i do not think you are an idiot, the guy is a con artist and thought it was common knowledge

·
Registered
283 Posts
i do not think you are an idiot, the guy is a con artist and thought it was common knowledge
I know you don't, or at least haven't made me feel that way.
If it was common knowledge back in March ... I wasn't aware of it. =(

Just hope I can get my money back now. I don't want to be forced to become a thorn in someone's side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered a Predator from this place a week ago and when I checked my Paypal a week later my payment had been refunded the same day I made the order. Wasted a week of my time but I guess I'm lucky I didn't get scammed. Why hasn't Paypal banned this guy?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I ordered a Predator from this place a week ago and when I checked my Paypal a week later my payment had been refunded the same day I made the order. Wasted a week of my time but I guess I'm lucky I didn't get scammed. Why hasn't Paypal banned this guy?
Who knows - I had trouble with paypal right out of the gate, as far as I am concerned, they are worthless and I will never use them again - EVER.
First and last time!

·
Registered
13 Posts
guess I got lucky with this guy, mind you I bought my intake back in 08 was the first one in Canada and the first one on a challenger. But it did take a long time when I ordered the predator and the reoiling kits, just lucky I got them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I am HAPPY to announce that I received my money back today - refund in full!
Still bummed I don't have that beautiful carbon fiber intake - but - now I can move forward~!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, I am HAPPY to announce that I received my money back today - refund in full!
Still bummed I don't have that beautiful carbon fiber intake - but - now I can move forward~!
Well good for you...Did (he) Lance at least thank you for the interest free loan you granted him ?
He did have your money for a whole year ya know.

Still waiting for a response from this swindler...Till I get my $$$ back,
I'll continue on disseminating bad juju on this scammer...:icon_evil:

May Revenue Canada stick him w/ an audit on his spurious activities in N.B. :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
IMHO, get the Mopar accessories CAI. Are there better performing CAI's, yes but only by about 5hp or so. Are there better looking CAI's out there, sure but do they fit properly?
I've been trying to have a shophemi.com carbon fiber CAI installed and its just a fracking nightmare. I for one am getting sick and tired of doing companies "beta testing" for them. I'm not sure what's up with companies these days? Do they even bother trying to correctly installing their own products before rushing to the internet in order to sell them?
So for the time being I'm sticking with my Mopar CAI. It may not look as good or achieve the most HP but it has one thing all those other supposed Challenger performance parts companies doesn't and thats a part that actually fits and fits nicely. Besides can anybody out their actually feel the difference of 5-10 hp a CAI might bring, I don't think so.
Best of luck getting your money back, thieves suck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts