Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the Scangauge from my Scion and put it in the Challenger.

Looking for ideas of where to locate it and thought I would ask if anyone else has put one in their car and if so, where do you locate it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I passed the cable through, inside the dash, to the passenger side, then placed the display in the junction of the dash and console - at the coin tray by the power outlet.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I passed the cable through, inside the dash, to the passenger side, then placed the display in the junction of the dash and console - at the coin tray by the power outlet.
Larry, could you possibly post a picture?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I guess the major question is..................will the SCION scangauge work with the Chrysler CAN bus????

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the major question is..................will the SCION scangauge work with the Chrysler CAN bus????
It's not a Scion item. It works on any 1996/newer vehicle. I have used it on 5 cars, works perfectly.

I'm just trying to come up with a sanitary location for mounting, that's all.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's where I put it, same as yours.
I may tilt it toward the drivers side, just
have to see after I live with it for awhile.
Thanks for the picture.
Jim

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I used velcro to affix it on the steering stalk, closer to the hub. I also used a block of foam mat to elevate it slightly from the mounting point.

I have also been entertaining the notion of affixing it on a flat region towards the very top and center of the instrument panel.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used velcro to affix it on the steering stalk, closer to the hub. I also used a block of foam mat to elevate it slightly from the mounting point.

I have also been entertaining the notion of affixing it on a flat region towards the very top and center of the instrument panel.
I mounted mine to the steering stalk on the Scion, but was wanting to do something different this time. So far I like it where it is, we'll see how it goes.

BTW, I read on the Linear Logic web page that the MPG's will be inaccurate with MDS engines. Mine's a manual so no worries.

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
My ScanGaugeII is on the steering stalk held there with a bit of Velcro. I leave it plugged in all the time. For me, it's easier to see it there.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My ScanGaugeII is on the steering stalk held there with a bit of Velcro. I leave it plugged in all the time. For me, it's easier to see it there.
I may end up moving mine there too. I've put it there on my other vehicles so it's in my line of sight. I wanted to try it in a lower position just to see if I like it. Time will tell.
Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts