Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Fastys drop my Scat using H&R lowering springs, also had Whiteline front and rear sways installed. The front sway bar holes needed to be drilled out about 1/8 of inch as they were to small to fit the sway bar end links. Car is dirty as it has been raining here all week. Couple of pics, before and after.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Nice! How low did you go? Looks like 2". Any improvements in handling after the drop?

LOL, I would be afraid of high siding loose change on the road.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! How low did you go? Looks like 2". Any improvements in handling after the drop?

LOL, I would be afraid of high siding loose change on the road.
Well, I can barely fit two fingers in between the tire and the fender. But what I am finding out, is the stance is normal for these H&R's. Even though the specs say 1.7 fronts and 1.4 rears, that's average. I do believe it's closer to 2. As far as handling goes, I've only taken one interstate ramp here at a relatively higher speed than advise, it did pretty good.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
Had Fastys drop my Scat using H&R lowering springs, also had Whiteline front and rear sways installed. The front sway bar holes needed to be drilled out about 1/8 of inch as they were to small to fit the sway bar end links. Car is dirty as it has been raining here all week. Couple of pics, before and after.

That looks Great lowered and even more muscular!

Nice job! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
That stance looks great, don't forget to update us on your verdict of the sway bar install (good or bad?) when you have been able to put some miles on them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You think you can take a picture of the fender well from the side to show how much tucked or sticking out the wheels/tires are?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,612 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup:

A Guy

Reactions: dodgeboy90501

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good, how much did they drop , watch out for those curbs parking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think it dropped more than they say, but they do say the average drop is 1.7f and 1.4r.. Ya, I now back into spots.

·
Registered
569 Posts

Car looks great! In reviewing the "before" pic I got shivers up and down my spine when I realized how close the front splitter was to the parking block!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,367 Posts
Guess I'm going to be the black sheep here. I would never drop my suspension. I find it very frustrating every time I smack my front air dam on bumps, irregularities in the road, and curbs. It could be argued that when it comes to gas station entrance ramps and ridiculous sized speed bumps, lower is NOT better. If I ever did change the ride height - and I won't - I would be more inclined to raise my Challenger rather than lowering it. Then again, I come from a day and age when muscle cars were typically raised several inches. Just thought I'd let it be known that there is a percentage of people out there that don't think lowering this car makes it look better. Raising a car always looked just great to me, and still does. But, as the old saying goes, to each his own. as beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Hope you enjoy the new look.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I'm going to be the black sheep here. I would never drop my suspension. I find it very frustrating every time I smack my front air dam on bumps, irregularities in the road, and curbs. It could be argued that when it comes to gas station entrance ramps and ridiculous sized speed bumps, lower is NOT better. If I ever did change the ride height - and I won't - I would be more inclined to raise my Challenger rather than lowering it. Then again, I come from a day and age when muscle cars were typically raised several inches. Just thought I'd let it be known that there is a percentage of people out there that don't think lowering this car makes it look better. Raising a car always looked just great to me, and still does. But, as the old saying goes, to each his own. as beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Hope you enjoy the new look.
I remember seeing old Chargers and Cudas with the rear ends raised so people could fit the largest tire combo without tubing. Even though it looked cool, it wore front bushings out, so you have some upkeep on the front ends..

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I remember seeing old Chargers and Cudas with the rear ends raised so people could fit the largest tire combo without tubing. Even though it looked cool, it wore front bushings out, so you have some upkeep on the front ends..

In the late 60's and early 70's, just about every muscle car was raised in the rear end. It was just the THING to do. What was really funny was the raised muscle car riding on little skinny (by comparison) snow tires in the winter. Got a lot of laughs out of seeing those. Personally, I couldn't afford a muscle car, nor the expensive L60 rear tires that I dreamed of. So I settled for a set of used F60's and some shackle extenders on the rear of my leaf springs. The tires fit within the wheel wells, but I had to look cool. My little 327 3 speed 1967 Camaro made all of about 175 horsepower. Not much of a muscle car, but it at least looked like one, and I was happy with that.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Totally agree. I would not lower an already low (to me) car. It is just right. Yes the "classic look" we remember goes up in the rear AND not these monster wheels. I wish they were smaller.......I think. Really dislike when they put 22" rims on 1970 Chevelle's and such. So, right with you brother!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,612 Posts
Not sure how it would have looked lowered. It was not raised, and it was up there, lol

2.jpg

15x8" Rims. I think I had 295's in the back, and they would rub on a big dip :)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Not sure how it would have looked lowered. It was not raised, and it was up there, lol

View attachment 854234

15x8" Rims. I think I had 295's in the back, and they would rub on a big dip :)

A Guy
My buddy Dave had a VW bug with massive tires on the back. Had it jacked up to clear. Actually looked pretty cool for a bug. Unbelievably small back seat. Lousy heater in the winter. But what I really remember was the sound that the tires made when we'd hit a bump with 4 teenagers in that car. Ha... if I recall, he had huge notches in the tread of the tires made by the fenders over time...

:SM127:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts